Monday, July 21, 2008

I can get you a toe by three o’clock this afternoon. WITH nail polish.

OK, so y’all know how I’m always with the venting of spleen about stupid inconsequential things, like arugula, hamsters, KFC Chickie Nobs and the love lives of comic strip characters, instead of the real Issues, even though I am a very politically aware and invested citizen? Mostly this is because the things that really deserve my (and your) real outrage seem too big and too knotty for me to tackle in blog form – the image that comes to mind is from Dumb and Dumber, when Lloyd rear-ends somebody in the limo and the airbag blows up, and he’s thrashing against it, getting nowhere and still hollering at Lauren Holly, who is already in the airport and therefore cannot hear him. (I do make with the hi-tone references, don’t I? Look sharp, culture mavens – I’m pretty hard to keep up with.) In my rare forays into Politixx, I get all spluttery and incoherent and make even less sense than usual.

But the Hip Hop Lawyer, aka the Hick Town Rap Star – THERE’S a man who can break it down for you. I’m sure he’s on a watch list somewhere, because what he has to say about the march to war with Iran is so clear, and so concisely argued, that none who read it could muster a denial – and that’s thoughtcrime in today’s America.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger HHL said...

thanks for the good word. (though surely some would argue the "concise" part.)

i get frustrated too from the sheer pointlessness of railing against the bushies. i have lots of un-posted posts that, looking back, appear to be little more than casually strung-together lists of profanities. hopefully the NSA can read those too!

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home