Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ignorance can kill

Yesterday morning, I'm riding up in a full elevator when this girl spies a baseball cap in the hand of a guy who works on my floor. She sort of hollers, "Thank GOD we won last night, or we were gonna get swept!" He looks startled, but agrees, and she gets off at the next floor. He turns to me, holding out the cap, which I see has the hated Boston "B" on it, and at his beseeching look I say, "Huh uh, man. Yankees household over here." He still looks totally mystified and not a little weirded out, and mumbles to the car at large, "It's not even my hat -- it's my friend's, he left it at my place ... asked if I could bring it back to him ... " I laugh and say, "That shit's like gang colors -- gotta know what you're doing, showing it in public." When we disbark at our mutual destination and go separate directions, I'm still sorta laughing, and he's trying to stuff the cap into his messenger bag.

On reflection: It is at times like these that I gain insight into why some people think I am amusing (like a monkey, a loud loud monkey) and others think I am a fearsome beast of a girl ...

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gleem, you know I love you mostest, but my blood runs with that muddy water. Yeah, Boston your my home!!

10:35 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Well, we all have our faults, don't we? ;-)

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have verbally abused several people who own/wear Yankees apparel. To the point of never talking to them again. I even threatened to fire a guy once for wearing a Yankees shirt. Gotta represent up in here. Go SOX!

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how a simple observance of a guy in an elevator turns into a baseball war. Go Sox!

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home