Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Greener than Ed Begley up over in here

You know how one of the easiest ways to lower your kitchen water & energy consumption levels is to run a full dishwasher? Well, not so much if you have to run it twice because you forgot to put soap in, and then you start putting everything away and don't figure it out till you get to the baby's bottles and they're like just not clean and you're all, hey, what's the deal with ... why are these ... oh, right. That strange thin greasy film over everything you just put away wasn't your imagination after all. Reduce, reuse, recycle, re-wash.

On a not-really-related note: You know how people where I'm from tend to say "warsh"? Well, in Kindergarten, we had this student teacher, and during this one spelling test, she kept saying "won't." Won't, won't, won't. I kept asking, until she got mad, because I didn't remember "won't" being on our list for the week. So I dutifully wrote w-o-n-apostrophe-t, won't. I got it wrong. Turns out, she was saying "want." I argued for the credit, but no go, and my lifetime of raging against the injustices of the educational system had begun in flames.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the seventh grade, we had a student teacher from Puerto Rico who would tell us to "fuckus" the microscope in Biology. And I don't have to tell you how much true unadulterated enjoyment seventh grade boys get out of hearing "fuckus" several times over the course of a six-week period.

Laugh riot, I tell you. And I still can't focus one of those damn things. Not that I have a need to see flatworms mating.

6:11 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

oh my Shatner, that just made me laaaaaugh and laaaaugh! Fuckus, indeed.

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home