Monday, June 02, 2008

Sudden clarity

As I made yet another "write it down or I'll forget it because my brains are like Swiss cheez these days and it drives me nuts when I can't remember something I was thinking of, no matter how insignificant or trivial that thing was" note to self on a pad of paper made from the cut-into-eighths waste paper from my office's fax machine last night, I realized something, which is: When I have merged with the infinite, they are going to find my earthly husk among stacks, sheaves, piles and drifts of Post-It notes, paper napkins and bits of scrap paper all scribbled over with things like "blonde girl on House ep -- Missy Crider -- who? IMDB" and "the bends -- can get it from just being deep underground or only in water? ref. Brooklyn Bridge construction" and "Jeremy Bentham." It's my version of Crazy Cat Lady, only safer because insane-sounding, disconnected bits of thoughts on paper do not eat your corpse, generally speaking.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Harry said...

I'm safe as long as no one figures out my email password...then they will find dozens of emails written to me by me reminding myself of various tasks, errands and trivia. Example from today: "Look up Eevee Pokemon evolution (?) for son since he's not allowed to Google."

Again, no corpse-eating though.

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah who needs post its when you got good old skin. I come home from work and have numbers, doctors orders, meds, names scribed up the old digits to my sleeves! throw me in the shredder and hope that the HIPPA police don't stand at my door till I shower. takes days to get off... lest I use that alcohol based hand foam, ah ha thats what it is for! not decontaminating hands but to delete that weight you just got before you can write it in the chart!

7:53 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

That's hilarious! I'm a hand-writer as well -- I went around all day Sunday with BUS PASS written on the back of my hand so I'd remember to buy the damn thing (merely putting it on my grocery list didn't work out on Friday, or on Saturday ... ).

8:56 AM  
Blogger Meanie said...

i JUST blogged about this last night - my habit is called "wake up in the middle of the night and write it all down so i don't have a complete anxiety attack trying to remember everything i have to do".

4:31 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Oh man, 4:00 - 4:47 a.m. this morning is recorded on the little note pad by my bed -- having gotten up with the baby at 3:30, my mind was in spin mode, and if I didn't write down "reschedule haircut appt", "529 plan - Curtis" and "take drycleaning", I wouldn't have been able to sleep! So ... I totally feel you, meanie. TOTALLY.

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home