Thursday, May 22, 2008

Say. What. AGAIN, mothafucka.

Because as fucked up and enraging as the situation with “carry-on” bags and the struggle for overhead bin space already is, American Airlines has decided it could use a little more fuckin with. Fifteen bucks to check a single bag? I get that your operating costs have gone up because the price of oil has doubled somewhat recently (thank your good buddies in the Bush Assministration for that, you bonus-receiving shitmonkeys!) – but why not just increase the fucking ticket price by $15? Why prod even more idiots to bring their full-size suitcases onboard, blocking the aisles with their full-size asses while they try to cram their every earthly belonging into the goddamn bins, causing EVEN MORE AND LONGER DELAYS? I gotcher fifteen bucks RIGHT HERE.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention the even FULLER scale stampede to board the plane that will ensue so that everyone can cram said bags into the overheads. Because if you're the last one on and there is no more room, guess what? Yeah, you'll be forced to check your bag at the gate/plane. And, guess what? Yeah, pay $15 while everyone else on the plane pays nothing. And, guess what? Yeah, screaming meltdowns in the faces of the stewardesses will be a-happenin' causing MORE delays as the Marshals drag them off the plane...

Nobody at AA has thought this through.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Exactly, Mr. G!

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

4:49 PM  
Blogger ronckytonk said...

dude. I just had a 'cheap' flight on Ryan Air from Berlin to London. I'd bought things during the six weeks I was in Berlin so had an extra bag on the way back. AND WAS CHARGED 168 EUROS FOR IT - which translates to 265 Dollars. FOR ONE BAG. I barely remember handing my credit card over to the agent because my brain dissociated. Shock. numb. etc.

5:48 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

oh my GOD, dude!!!

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, first of all, sweet merciful Shatner I missed your blog while I was gone to Italy. Although, I did experience some of what you've discussed recently.

We took American to beautiful Tuscany and I hate flying more than most people, but it was actually fairly tolerable. I've always hated the seat reclining thing, because that extra 1.5" really gives me room to stretch out (pshaw!) I think the checked bag price thing is a little ridiculous. I mean, do they assume that people don't go anywhere where they would need luggage? It's outrageous.

Where are PanAm, Piedmont, and TWA when you need them? Piedmont let you practically ride in the captain's lap on the way to your destination and then the stewardess (that's what they called them back then) would pin some golden wings on you when you left the flight. Those were the days!

168 Euros for baggage? You'd've been better off shipping it back to London.

Did I just contract three words into one word? Mastery of the English language I tell you, MASTERY!

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuck. I had heard about the baggage charge, but didn't put 2 and 2 together about how that might make the whole boarding process even MORE horrifically bad. Oh. My. God.

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home