Monday, May 05, 2008

Bring the pain

Internets, when I get sick -- which is almost literally never (I think the last time was a bronchial infection five years ago, with the same ailment five years before that), thus affording me my enthusiasm for Doomsday scenarios such as the superflu in The Stand, because I'm pretty sure I'd be among the one percent of the population that is immune -- I get Sick. Day nine and no sign of a letup.

Time now for an Official Damn Kids Endorsement: the Hot Toddy.

--1 jigger of Jim Beam
--1 generous spoonful of honey
--2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
--enough hot water from the teapot to bring it to half a mugful

This fabulous beverage can be enjoyed whenever you please, but is especially helpful as a medicinal tonic for what ails you, particularly when what ails you is a seven-days-running sore throat, a nasal crud fountain, and the Coughing Death Cough of Death.

Ohhh, my co-workers are totes happy I came in to work today.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband also swears by the Hot Toddy for all that ails you. Except he uses Blanton's bourbon without the honey, lemon juice and water.

Hope you feel better soon!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Now, that's a cure I could really get behind!

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

add a Nyquil chaser, oh and maybe time for a bit of western medicine, but don't even get me started on my soapbox bout the antibiotics!

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home