Thursday, April 24, 2008

The 16-Crayon pack: better than the 8-pack, poor cousin to the 64-pack w/sharpener

A few of the things I’ve been privileged to stumble across on the Internets (a series of tubes) recently:

Idiocracy, a very good movie that you should all see, gets less “funny ha-ha” and more “funny bash-your-head-against-a-wall” by the day … and Salon’s Heather Havrilesky seems to share my feeling:

Gazing at that bottle of fat-free water in the display case this morning, I wondered, how does this story end? What happens to fierce, egotistical, clumsy, dumb-as-dirt animals like us when we start to lose our power? … In fact, the one good thing about being raised in a downward-spiraling country dominated by aggressive morons is that the comedy just keeps getting better and better.
I'm sick to death of having my feminism called into question because I'm for Obama, and not Hillary Clinton. It's about HER, not "a woman," dammit. The great Sars, a feminist of the first order, explains what’s wrong with Hillary’s candidacy:

I cannot be the only one who finds the idea that Clinton is better positioned to beat McCain ridiculous. … But my personal preferences aside, there is just no goddamn way Clinton is going to do better against McCain than Obama. None.
But y'all know I ain't all serious. So: one blogger's Top 30 Pam & Jim Moments. Oh man, you guys. This is where I show you all what a GIANT MUSHBALL I really am in my secret heart. Squeeeeeee!

Which led me to this:
A week ago Wednesday I went to sleep after drinking my nightly bedtime cocktail – triple sec, bitters, grape juice, and two bottles of Nyquil – and all of a sudden I was thrown into the strangest dream I ever had. I was a seahorse broad living in this underground suburban housing community …
And this … so say we all!

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Harry said...

I like Idiocracy in theory, but the actual movie was just meh to me. Husband got up and left (don't worry - we were just in our basement rumpus room, not an actual theater, but still).

6:26 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

I liked it (obvs!) -- but the thing about it is, it really sticks with you, kinda hanging around in your head and popping up again when you see yet another trailer for a movie that seems to be entirely about dudes getting hit in the goolies (Ow, My Balls!), or spy in the mall a roving bunch of young shants-clad mouth-breathers yukking it up at Spencer's, or see couple after couple of your own friends, in their mid-30s, struggling to have one child when the family down the street in the house with cigarette butts and plastic Safeway bags for a yard seems to have a new baby every 8 months or so ...

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home