Wednesday, May 07, 2008

a.m. flashback

Became almost completely unhinged just now in the card store when "Right Here, Right Now" came on and flashed me back to when we first heard that song in high school (saw it on MTV's 120 Minutes, and don't that date me?), and none of us could agree on whether it was by "Jee-zus Jones" or "Hey-soos Ho-nes." Hysteria augmented by the fact that in my mind I was hearing this in terms of a completely unhinged discussion with the Lab Partner, back in the day. Oh, good times!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Harry said...

I believe a certain out-of-towner was singing that very song during the fall-down-a-mountain-eat-a-pound-of-dirt pasture party of '92 or so? Ho-nes. he he.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Er. Mah. Gaaaaaaaahr!!!!!

That party becomes more and more Legend as the years roll by, does it not?? "Liquid fun," people.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Panda!!!! said...

When I first read this post, instead of thinking "Right Here, Right Now" I thought "Right Here Waiting" by Richard Marx.

Then I thought, was Richard Marx ever on 120 Minutes? How weird.

Then I got confused by Jee-zus Jones vs. Hey-soos Ho-nes so I re-read the post and understood where I went wrong.

Then I had "Right Here Waiting" in my head for the rest of today.

Then I felt compelled to comment because that GD song has been on repeat in my feeble brain.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!! Oh, Panda -- OH, the HUMANITY!!!!

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait...wait....WAIT! Are you saying...seriously saying...that you saw ACTUAL MUSIC VIDEOS on MTV? Wow, that does date you!

5:38 AM  
Blogger alyce said...

I saw Jesus Jones in SF (would have been my senior year - 1991) on a rainy day at a radio station's promotional event at an all-ages dance club.

They lipsynched and were very cute.

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home