Friday, June 20, 2008

And also, the extraterrestrial origin of both Thom Yorke and Johnny Greenwood

In lieu of any form of organized religion or theism, I give you:

Half a Dozen Things I Do Believe In

--Sasquatch (you know he's real)
--Aliens (among us, watching us from galaxies far away, whatevs)
--The recurrence phenomenon*
--Ghosts
--Dolphins and parrots being smarter than they let on
--Warding off Evil by tossing a few grains of salt over your shoulder when you spill any

*Recurrence phenomenon: First identified by my dad, this is when you see/hear/notice something you've never seen/heard/noticed before, and suddenly you see/hear/notice it everywhere -- like when you don't know anyone who has a robin's-egg blue Vespa, then you buy one, and then you see four on your way to work. Simple, yet profound -- it has an unholy power.

PS: Just had to share, from a blog I recently stumbled upon – if lolcats makes you laugh helplessly, you’ll appreciate this post: “I am the mighty hunter. I am Death made flesh.”

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Jory Dayne said...

I'm not familiar with the Recurrence Phenomenon, and I tried googling it, but the words "Recurrence phenomena in soliton propagation in a lattice with impurities" is hard to me with the understanding.

12:56 PM  
Blogger This Ridiculous World said...

That's a decent list. You should organize a following. I hear it's a good way to make a lot of money.

9:22 PM  
Blogger alison said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the shout-out. The mighty hunter is dragging L's teddy bear around the living room at the moment. I'll have to remember to pick him up from Max's lair (behind the couch) before I pick her up from daycare.

I'm with you on the recurrence phenomenon and the salt tossing. Totally.

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would add koalas to the dolphin/parrot consortium. And, I believe in the Loch Ness monster...for better or worse.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Nessie, for sure. I'm with you there. Didn't know about koalas -- so, great, I have another thing to get weirded out about! Yay! :-)

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home