Tuesday, January 11, 2011

"Oh, didja hear that? He was GETTIN there. Psssh. Son, you wouldn't know what to do with it if you HAD gotten there, so don't worry about it."

What's Impeding the Bloggage Lately? A Partial List

--The immense, fantastic suckitude of my job. When every day starts with that sick dready third-day-of-seventh grade feeling, plus a heapin' helpin' of poison loathing, and there's so much work to do that for the third night in a week you're up past midnight plugging away, and you still make what you made three years ago, plus you're bossed by aggressive halfwits, and twenty-five-year-olds are getting promoted over you -- you know it blows!

--Under the Dome. GodDAMN, Stephen King. I WISH I KNEW HOW TO QUIT YOU. But I can't put this (five-pound) thing down, dammit. I'm sick ... and I never want to get well!

--Various and sundry Grownup Life Tasks (getting prequalified for a mortgage, booking travel to HHL's wedding, arranging family social shit, gettin us all to the dentist, payin bills, what have you)

--Running! I never knew I could love it, but reader, I do. Longer and longer distances, higher and higher runner's highs ...

--An inability to handle horrifying shit in the news (for days I've been trying, and failing, to come up with something to say about the murder spree that numbnuts crazy fuckwad went on in Arizona -- I got nothing but outrage and sadness).

--The daily irritation of seeing those Natalie Portman - Ashton Kutcher movie posters in the festering pit that is BART. Now, y'all know I love me some Natalie, and Kutcher, for all his retarday, will always hold a special little place in my heart for my beloved Dude, Where's My Car?, but come ON. It's the tagline that really bothers me: "Can SEX FRIENDS stay BEST FRIENDS?" Because: What? "Sex friends"? Has anyone -- in the history of ever -- used that phrase? I get what you're going for, but THAT IS NOT A THING.

--Unproductive yet awesome shit I find on the Internets (a series of tubes). These two are via my personal Kenny Powers of Internet Awesome, Mimi Smartypants: First, Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit. Second: The hills are alive ...

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Panda!!!! said...

Re: the running. We had an interesting conversation at work the other day - and, yes, this was a work-related dialogue - about how there's a trend among women in their 30s and 40s who have suddenly started running. And loving it. Women who had never run before are suddenly training for half-marathons. Weird.

6:18 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Whoa -- wild! I actually have been developing sort of a theory on this ... mebbe a post to DK pretty soon!

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Blabbermouse said...

Sweet, we can run together when I make my pilgrimage to San Fran.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Riiiight ... me and my 11:00 miles ... har!

10:03 AM  
Blogger alison said...

So "Under the Dome" is worth it? I kinda broke up with Stephen along about "Bag of Bones", but an old friend gave me the Dome book for Christmas and it's on my bookshelf waiting for me to pick it up.

11:01 AM  
Blogger francine said...

In total agreeance regarding "sex friends". So not a thing.

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home