Sunday, November 07, 2010

There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more.

So I sat down in front of the Amazon to order a book from my childhood that I think my kid would get a kick out of -- The Worst Person in the World, it was called -- and like an HOUR later, I've got a cart full of not only that, but also the four books in the Class of '88 series I told y'all about once (from four different used-book sellers all over the U.S.), an xmas present for Mr. Gleemonex, a book about the Great Plains by this guy whose writing I have read in the New Yorker, and ... shit, I don't know, there were I think nine items altogether (it was twelve, but I'm going to order my bro's xmas present separately, the Harry Potter 7-book UK edition set will have to come from a UK seller, and I put Lonesome Dove on hold, on grounds I can surely find it in a secondhand store somewhere around here). I am goddamn DANGEROUS with books.

But here are four awesome Internets-based entertainments for you, which are FREE for the looking-at!

Lots, that's what. LOTS.

Such rrrrelish, the way he says "douchebag."

Say what again, motherfucker.

Awesomely.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger francine said...

i've got a nice hardback copy of lonesome dove that smells like leather and smoke (in the good way) that i can send if you need it (because my family has like three other copies). ALSO, i found several foley's shopping bags filled with old softback books from my childhood that i can't wait to clean off for my kiddo. my favorite is ed emberley's how to draw using your thumbprints. i've been so blog-lazy that i've got all this backed up stuff to share WITH PHOTOS. i cleaned out my parents' attic and found splendors galore....meaning: found Wuzzles, Pound Puppies, Puffalumps, Huggabunches, Rainbow Brite and friends, Teddy Ruxpin and Friends, Care Bears and their Cousins, Muppet Babies and more. also discovered 80% of the time I dressed like cliff huxtable on a casual day due to the number of sweatsuits I found (favorite brand: Joggles). also found these memorable brands: Our Girl (by Health-Tex), Celebration, Oh Really! and You Bet!.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

ED EMBERLEY!!!!

The only things I can draw are things I learned from Ed. Seriously.

You'd send me Lonesome Dove? Honest??

8:05 AM  
Anonymous berwie said...

did you see that sweet valley confidential: 10 years later is coming out?? i am dying to read it..

i will miss you guys at thanksgiving..the parentals are remodeling and staying at the little d super 8 just is not terrbily appealing to my very pregnant self...

6:40 AM  
Blogger francine said...

will totally send you lonesome dove. just let me know if you need it. also just found a soft cover children's book called "thy friend, obadiah" which thankfully has my sister's name inscribed in the front of it. because honestly, that was kind of bizarre to find. and now she has to deal with it.

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home