Thursday, March 12, 2009

Can't do it. Got a bad case of the fuckits.

Things I Wrote in Meetings Between 2005 and 2006, In Which I Remember Neither the Meetings, Nor Writing These Things During Them
(part four of a series)

[small drawing of several dorsal fins approaching a wee house complete with smoking chimney]
You betcha, I'll get right on that.
************************

WE. SPEAK. YOUR. NAME.
[small drawing of Oprah]
************************

Please don't make me watch tapes.
************************

you know they're nouns,
you know they're nouns
************************

WWKDD: What Would Kim Deal Do?
************************

Festival of Equine Fecal Matter
************************

[large star w/circles around it]I need the final callout lists for the IT/[vendor] pages to check against this wreck
************************

[someone else's handwriting] What are they talking about?
[my handwriting] some nat'l holiday in Israel screws our development
pushes back the testing date
[someone else's handwriting] great
************************

I am a scientist
I try to live on science alone
************************

"indivigibles"
"hear-back" (verb)
"cashmere with a K"
************************

I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Harry said...

I wrote, "I do not think that word means what you think it means" on the margin of my Modern Lit notes like a dozen times. I also had some tally marks under the heading, "Cosby Sweater Count."

5:55 PM  
Blogger Sarah Brown said...

I love these posts.

I often think WWMJBD? (Mary J Blige.) I make life decisions according to this, often.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

bgirl: awesome!

SB: mostly if I did what Kim Deal did, it'd involve drunkenness and shredding. So yeah. :-)

10:35 AM  
Blogger francine said...

unrelatedly: will it be weird for me to create the craziest mum ever created and attend my old high school's football game this fall for old time's sake since i haven't been to one since graduation? (which means i will also try to get drunk on zima/bud light beforehand,you know, for authenticity's sake)

3:07 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

yes ma'am it would be weird, but TOTALLY FUCKING CRAZY-AWESOME!!!! And I would require LARGE FORMAT HI-RES PHOTOS of this event. Francine, serious. You must do it. I must see it. It is done.

I'd go ahead and call your local florist now, though. Gotta get in ahead of the line with your order.

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home