Monday, February 16, 2009

Round the world with Ned Schneebly

Are you guys aware that Mike White is running The Amazing Race?

I love this show, but given how discombobulated I am lately, the premiere kind of snuck up on me last night. So as they’re introducing the teams, I’m all, dysfunctional couple, nutty but somehow likeable hicks, “older couple” determined to prove how with-it they are, six or eight obligatory pairs of big-fake-boobied girlies who wonder aloud why a “strong woman” is considered a bitch (note: it’s because you. are. a. bitch.), interesting-looking sibling teams … hey – doesn’t that guy look like Mike White? Oh my god, it IS Mike White! How fucking random and awesome! And there he is, doing yoga with his dad/race partner, VO-ing that “if you’re gay, and you have gay parents, it’s great because it’s no big deal – you can’t disappoint them, cause they beat you to the punch!” Heh.

So anyway – [SPOILER ALERT if you haven’t seen the ep] the team that went out first was a HUGE relief to me (I HATE those kinds of teams, those He-Man and Perpetually-Close-to-Tears Little Girl couples, they stress me out and drive me bugfuck, Jonathan and Victoria!, ugh), and I just hope one of my two faves wins it – Mike White & Pop, or Mom & Super-Cute (Incidentally, Deaf) Son.


Smells like shit on the carpet, spill it
Unrelated, but you all are MISSING OUT if you do not read this post by the Hip Hop Lawyer in re: the ballz-crazy Phelps debacle. Check out the photos of the delusional Fantasy-Island sheriff who has, in the HHL’s words, “issued a fatwa” against Mikey The Bong-Hitting Olympic Gold Medalist … truly astonishing stuff, and the kind of hilarious that makes you want to burn some buildings down.

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Panda!!!! said...

Mike White attended my college! I've started netflixing Freaks and Geeks and was pleased to see Mr. White play Kim Kelly's brother.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Oh my god! lucky Panda, seeing THOSE for the first time ... Favorite Show Ever (besides Twin Peaks).

1:02 PM  
Blogger Moms said...

Mike White = me setting my TIVO right effing now man. Thanks for the heads up lady!

"I'm a writer!!"

10:08 AM  
Blogger francine said...

this show gives me too much anxiety to watch it!

8:56 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

It does me, too, a little -- especially when I consider that there's like ten minutes of fun surrounded by 23 hours and 50 minutes of high-pitched dramatic angst -- it's basically a month of this one time, in France, when me & Mr. G and our friends K&K were running for a train at 7:17 in the morning (train scheduled to leave at 7:18), the missing of which would have entailed thousands of dollars of train/hotel/airline delays and change fees and WORLDS OF PAIN.

But it's fun to watch OTHER people do it, and I do like to imagine dream teams made up of people I know.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Spanish Johnny said...

Big fan of Mike White, though I must confess I've never seen the Amazing Race. I assume it's, um, amazing. Did you know Mike White's dad, after undergoing three decades of “antigay” therapy through his church, wrote a book, "Stranger at the Gate: To Be Gay and Christian in America"? It's true.

I should know -- he stole my title!

2:08 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

I did not know that! Thanks, SJ.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Moms said...

Let us not ever speak of running for that train again. Dear gawd! You would think that with time it would seem more "awesome" or "funny" to me, but in fact it does not. I still get that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. Thank Shatner for that crazy dude on the platform who delayed the train just long enough for us to make it. Gotta go throw up now.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

You and me both! [bleaaaaaaaargh]

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home