Wednesday, February 27, 2013

And from then on, wherever I went, I was run-ning.

Oh, Internets. What is WRONG with me? From my most inauspicious beginnings in the sport of running, through a sort of midlife resurgence in interest, technique and capability, derailed by a pregnancy, then back with a major vengeance -- it is from things like this that things like this come into being.

Can we agree to call it a growth thing? Me facing my fears, doing something that scares me, that sort of thing? Because although it's definitely the early goin' and there's lots of inconvenience and life disruption ahead, I am ... I am seized with the notion of the half-mary and all I have left is the choosing of the form of the Destructor.

Come on, people -- stay with me now, don't leave a sister hangin ...

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger francine said...

YOU CAN DO IT! And your greatest fear should only be developing a gait like Kevin Bacon's.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Ha! I need my arms to run, man.

Apparently also I need new shoes, a hydration belt, and a 5 million volt stun gun (disguised as a flashlight) for dogs and bad guys. Acquired, and moving forward.

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Jane Ann said...

I, being of 37 year old and non-athletic body, ran my first half marathon in October of last year. And then promptly ran another one in November. I know you hear this all the time but trust me, if I can do it, you can do it...and it is so worth all the hard work. I felt like Flo-Jo when I was finished.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Jane Ann, thank you! I went for a run just past the ass-crack of dawn this morning, clouds streaked with pink and gold, streets silent, cherry blossoms still dripping from last night's rain, and felt like ONE MILLION DOLLARS -- Christ I hate getting up early, but that was worth it. I can do this. :-)

11:21 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Also, Jane Ann: that is bad ASS of you! Go go go!

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home