Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Bite the wax tadpole

Dear Sirius Satellite Radio,

I am a big fan of your enormous array of channels and programming options, and I enjoy partaking of the popular, alternative and fringe music of the 1950s - today. What amazing depth and breadth you all are capable of covering, with every single recording ever made, available right at your fingertips! What fun you guys must be having, essentially making mixtapes for all of humanity all day and all night on your hundreds of outlets!

But I do have one question, about an obscure band called "U2" from the 80s: I love that song "With or Without You," but I have to ask -- why did they never make any other songs? I mean, they seem so talented, so passionate, so amazing -- it's just inexplicable how they turned out to be one-hit wonders, much like this other obscure 80s band, "The Police," which had that mega-hit "Every Breath You Take" and then just disappeared. I don't get it -- I know we all rock out hardcore to the immense back catalog of the Pretenders, and it goes without saying that we need to hear every B-side jerk-off Madonna ever made in the entire 1990s and 2000s, but it just seems like such a damn shame for U2 and the Police to have fallen into obscurity so quickly and completely.

Time for a "Where Are They Now?" reunion special or something? Here's hopin'!

Love,
Gleemonex

----------------------------------

PS: Genuine Gleemonex Endorsement: Phantom Planet's The Guest (2002). My ancient iPod played "Always On My Mind" for me this morning at the gym and it was a lovely moment and then I remembered how much I loved this band back when Schwartzman was in it. 

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger francine said...

Color you zero surprised to know of my enjoyment of Phantom Planet and J. Schwartzman.

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home