Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Sometimes known as the leader of the homeless

Awesomeness Potpourri: Some Things That Are Great Today

The dance routines, the excelling, the periods, the junior sexual harassment, the rompers
I almost can't stand how much I love DOSBS's new joint, Me At 13 -- it's one of the tumblrs I now look at about 15 times a day on my phone, hoping there's a new post. Also I like its tumblr address, which I read as "meat 13." Wondering whether you'd like it? Here is a context-free sample of things on it that have made me schnorg-laugh in a most unladylike fashion in public lately: 

     --Cacique, the favored store of NBA Spurs wives
     --while doing a bunch of secret exercises you made up to do in your room at night after everyone goes to bed
     --I never get to make my own decisions. It’s just like tennis camp.
     --Mrs. Mortimer told us in theater arts today that nobody is allowed to do any more Toonces the Driving Cat improv scenes. She has hit her limit.

The greatest interview in the history of interviews: A "Home-Free" Hitchhiker Tells How He Rescued a Guy From Being Killed By a Racist Maniac Who Said He Was Jesus Christ
I'm not even trying to be funny here, y'all -- this is for real. This guy, Kai, is my new jam. I love him. Yes, this video is funny in parts, but I'm completely serious about my genuine human affection for Kai, and if you want me to shut up before I start talking about the beauty of the human spirit and how this is the kind of thing that gives me faith in humanity, you'll just go watch it yourself.


And finally, just for shits: Recent Searches on my iPhone
does melamine contain bpa
[name, alleged hometown & alleged occupation of my sister's new gentleman friend]
the americans fx
what the fuck should I make for dinner
vrbo molokai
lyrics johnny ryall
vegan icing
obama administration cabinet
TMJ

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger francine said...

Awwww, shoot. Nothing makes me sadder than not being able to grab a beer with you and talk about all ye olden tymes!

4:56 PM  
Blogger bonnjill said...

My best friend's uncle lives in a condo on Molokai and we rented one out with a nice view of the pool and ocean. Don't expect fine dining on Molokai (there are no restaurants to speak of other than a place downtown, a window in a store front with two tables outside, gas station sushi and the health store), but it was a nice place to spend a couple days swimming in pristine water and kicking back and relaxing. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay on Molokai.

On a somewhat related note, Kai is the shit! He cracks me up and just seems like a good person.

6:20 PM  
Blogger bonnjill said...

I would totally recommend anywhere near Kepuhi Beach Resort. Gorgeous beach! There is also an abandoned hotel/motel with a very refreshing swimming pool overlooking the ocean. I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have about Molokai.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Francine: Mebbe someday we'll cross paths in a rilly good beer garden with our inlaws watching the kids? I have hope.

bonnjill: Ahh, another Molokai fan! We actually went there for 10 days while I was pregnant with Kid Gleemonex (so, 2007) -- it was fantastic. We stayed at that condo complex that's right next to the creepy sad abandoned resort (took a lot of pics there -- it was kind of heartbreaking, those dusty, non-working clocks behind the reception desk, with the various times from around the world, you know? such dreams ...). My search this time was to try to find where we stayed for one of Mr. Gleemonex's work friends who's considering a trip there. Slow down, you on Molokai!

4:14 PM  
Anonymous oryxandcrake said...

MmmmHmmm. Alleged indeed re: the bf.

11:19 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

HHL, is that you?

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home