Monday, January 14, 2013

I am still vaguely haunted by our hitchhiker's remark about how he'd "never rode in a convertible before."

I am pretty sure that the sight of me in my shiny tricked-out new seven-seater hybrid vehicle, butt-dancing and shouting along to Kriss Kross on the unreasonably good stereo (turned up so high that it annoyed the kid and really confused the baby) was fairly pathetic/hilarious from the outside -- but oh my Shatner was it awesome on the inside! I've been riding that high for three days now.

'Cause I'm the miggida miggida miggida Mac Daddy
the Miggida miggida miggida Mac
'Cause I'm the miggida miggida miggida Mac Daddy
the Miggida miggida miggida Mac
I make you wanna
[4x]
Jump Jump
The Mac Daddy make you jump, jump
A Daddy Mac will make you jump, jump
Kris Kross will make you jump, jump
uh huh uh huh

Unrelated Question: Are the Golden Globes always like that? We recorded it because of Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, and kept watching because it was a total, utter mess of hilarity, drunkenness and space-casery. If it's always like that, well, friends, I been wasting my got-damn time on the Oscars all these years.

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger francine said...

Thought the same thing about the Globes! I always heard stylists talking about, "Well, this is totally Oscar-worthy but this is more Globes-y" and I never understood what they meant. (By stylists I meant anyone on the Rachel Zoe show.) I thought a Globe seemed more prestigious than an Oscar but I never really knew what they were all about. And I never watched them until we DVR'd it too and it just seemed like a much better party where nobody really had to act like they gave a shit as much. Except Anne Hathaway seemed real emotional. But maybe if the camera is on you and you are trying to be a good sport and are nervous then you're going to obviously come off as nervous and excited and make a bunch of strained smiley weird faces. I liked drunk Glenn Close and how Tommy Lee Jones hates everything. He lives here much of the time and I used to panic about passing him in a grocery store and accidentally making eye contact (because he seems like a yeller).

7:54 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Does he have billboards near you that urge us all to "get behind the Barnett Shale"? Cause that's what TLJ does in Cowburg. Shills for the Shale, aka some sort of drilling/fracking thing or other. Puke.

1:20 PM  
Blogger francine said...

Really? He's supposedly the most cantakerous, liberal, intelligent man who hates life and acting but does it anyway. I can't imagine him being into fracking. He was Al Gore's roommate at Harvard, I think. I have seen him in commercials for something recently... investing maybe? Medical insurance? It wasn't diabetes, I know that.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

I don't know -- has he had, like, a rough divorce or something? Because yeah. :-(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnett_Shale

4:23 PM  
Blogger francine said...

blech. what a creep.

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home