Monday, December 17, 2012

How are they going to deliver a bowling alley HERE?

Things I Received As Xmas or Bday Presents Before the Year 1992

Guess which ones were given to me by my late father?* (Mr. Gleemonex is exempted from this game cause he already knows.)


  • Large jar of Hellman's mayonnaise
  • Single can of tennis balls
  • One-gallon jar of maraschino cherries
  • Used copy of the Webelos handbook
  • Four king-sized Snickers bars
  • Live, actual puppy with red bow around its neck
  • Pair of Russian-made pointe shoes
  • Tickets to Andre Agassi / Jimmy Connors charity tennis match
  • Book of sheet music of "today's popular hit songs," including numbers by Duran Duran and their contemporaries, to go with my kickass new Casio keyboard from my grandmother
  • Garfield keychain with bottle opener


--------------------------------------------------------------------
*Answer: All of them. It's virtually a chart of the family's fortunes and/or my pop's sobriety, eh wot?

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger francine said...

I, too, got a Casio from the grandparents. It lived a long life. My favorite gift was a Caboodle that had Navy perfume and some Clinique sample sized makeup in it.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Uncle Spike said...

I...uh...um...wow. Mayonnaise. And a Webelos handbook. And here the most random Christmas gift I'd ever seen was Imodium. But that just takes it all.

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home