Monday, November 19, 2012

Makes you wanna just rare back and puke at it

I do not now, nor will I ever, shop on Thanksgiving Day. It's the last real holiday left in American life, and I will not support forcing retail employees to come in to work to try and catch a few extra dollars for their corporate employers. It's cruel, it's stupid, it's unnecessary -- and I'm voting against it with my dollars.

I mean it, Internets -- the only things open on Thanksgiving Day ought to be emergency rooms, movie theaters, bars, and pharmacies. And whoever works in those ought to be paid triple-time and/or be recruited from an all-volunteer workforce (as in, nobody gets forced -- it's an opt-in schedule). Holy two-for-one cashmere-sweatered Shatner, y'all -- do your goddamned shopping the next fucking day.

On a related note -- I contributed a couple of dollars to this fund, because as you know, I fucking hate Wal-Mart and I want to kick them in the personal regions for what they've done to American workers, American towns, and the general direction of retail in the world, and also I feel compelled to put my money where my mouth is w/r/t supporting the people who are taking such a risky stand against the world's worst corporate citizen, the 800-pound gorilla, the thug in the room, the lawless disrespectful Marlo Stanfield, the maniac Gyp Rosetti -- fuck 'em.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home