Wednesday, February 24, 2010

New discovery: An exquisite little artisanal beverage you probably haven't heard of -- Coca-Cola.

Y'all, sorry for the radio silence, but I been in tha ATL (I'm powerless to stop myself from calling it that -- utterly powerless) on a work conference that was srsly the tits (one where you actually learn a lot of relevant stuff -- who knew they had those?). It was held at the Coca-Cola world HQ, and I'm telling you, if I weren't already a lifelong loyalist/fanatic of the brand already, by now I'd be either hating its sugary carbonated GUTS or brainwashed into drinking nothing else for the rest of my life -- talk about saturation, hoooo boy.

I wish I could've stayed longer, made a little vacay out of it with Mr. & Kid Gleemonex, but the timing & logistics just were not to be this time around. Just know that Atlantans are cool and I would like to see y'all again some time. Plus also, if you ever get the chance to stay at the dubby (a W hotel), you should. They're the tits!

Finally, one thing I would've told y'all earlier if I'd had the time: Chris Murphy totally got my Stu Sutcliffe joke! Me and him and Mr. Gleemonex were talking after Sloan's show Friday night at Slim's after he signed the setlist I bruised the SHIT out of my knee trying to climb up onstage to get (I failed, but Mr. Gleemonex has long arms like a Gumby octopus and just reached over and casually took it for me, so, win!). I told Chris Murphy he was my hero ("Chris Murphy you're my hero!"), and we talked bass, and he showed us the terrible scar from a hit-and-run accident he was in a few months ago, and it was kewl. Goddamn I love that band.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Guinness74 said...

"Gumby octopus"...that's the second milk-snorting moment of my day. It's gonna be a good Friday.

6:26 AM  
Blogger Lizzie said...

Okay, first:
1. I don't think I've ever commented before, so hello!
2. I'm commenting on this old post because I've been traveling and let the google reader get really out of hand.

That out of the way, the real reason I'm commenting on THIS post is because it made me so happy. I once had a boy win my heart when he got my Pete Best joke, and followed it up with a Stu Sutcliffe joke of his own! A+ for Chris Murphy; I like him even more now.

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home