Friday, April 09, 2010

A head for business and a bod for sin

Dear Short-Haired Lady in the Lotus Notes 2005 Startup Screen Collage:

I bet you are a real fun gal when you're not at work. You got that 2003 bob going, hairwise, and a bit of a pursed-mouth Business Lady look on your face, but you're not like that older Asian guy a few panels over in the collage -- you probably party, amirite? You have, like, this day job, at some stupid office, but you roll in every morning just a few seconds short of Official Tardiness Reprimand territory, ready to rock the SHIT out of some projects that use Lotus Notes while you deal with those fools at your office all day until you can go back to partying your ass off starting at 5:02 in the p.m. Now, what anyone besides me is doing with Lotus Notes at work on a daily basis in the year 2010 -- I mean, does a post-2005 edition even exist? -- I couldn't say. But I take comfort in the fact that you are there, and while you undoubtedly think I am square to the max, you do at least Get Me.

Love,
Gleemonex

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Brown said...

DUDE! I had Lotus Notes at my old job, and I would think about that lady and that Asian man every morning while it took forever to load and I was thinking "God I wish I was still in bed." I love thispost.

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also love this post!!! Yes, unfortunately they have later versions. I think the last one I saw was Lotus Notes 8...

6:06 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Yep, Lotus notes 8 at my work. I'll have to make up some stories about my start up screen folks too.

(zinny)

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home