Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Also, 160 more games of Yankees baseball!

Two things, lately, both television-related*:

1) We are watching Justified. Y’all – this is good! Elmore Leonard, lots and lots of Hey, It’s That Guy!s, and the smoldering Timothy Olyphant, lately of the incomparable Deadwood. My sister said she tried it, but there was so much cursing, she couldn’t stick with it; I was like, “there is? Huh. I guess after Deadwood, you don’t notice it really …”

2) We are also sort of half-watching Human Target. It started because Caprica Six was on the first ep, and I’ll watch pretty much anything that gives anybody from The Wire, Deadwood, or BSG any work, but she was only on the pilot, and so what’s kept us watching is the stone GENIUS that is Jackie Earle Haley. Where the hell has this guy been for so long? (I know, I know, I have IMDB too, I know where he’s actually been, but – where the hell has he been?)


-------------------------
*Wotta big surprise!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Spanish Johnny said...

No offense, but your sister sounds like a pussy.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Spanish Johnny said...

Your beloved Yankee network is presently airing an episode of CenterStage featuring perhaps the biggest douche pairing of all time: Michael Kay interviewing Bill O'Reilly.

And you worship this team why?

8:36 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

She is, Johnny -- just like your mom. BOOM!

Woof, I don't know if I could take that CenterStage ... or any of them, really. What a jackfest.

Me and the Yankees go way back -- 1992 at least. I can't support everything they do (Christ but it galls me to see Fenway, old and haggard and everybody jammed right on top of each other like that, the way baseball should be, while half those goddamn fatass douchetard recliners in the Yanks' brand-new stands go empty because Wall Street swine can't be bothered to show up to sit in them for an inning), but I'm a monogamist, and this is the team I married yo.

plus also, Mariano Rivera is a god.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Guinness74 said...

Ha, HA! 553 consecutive sold out crowds...and we didn't need a new billion dollar stadium! But, I'll give you "The Sandman." I usually turn off the TV when he takes the mound because there's not much point beyond that. He's about the only thing Yankee that I care for.

Anyway...not what I came to talk about: Jackie Earle Haley. I know, where has he been, really? I rewatched Bad News Bears the same day I saw Watchmen and I immediately IMDB'd him to see what I'd missed...and there wasn't much. But, he's pretty awesome. I guess he's been off cultivating that attitude over the last 30 years or so.

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home