Monday, April 05, 2010

'Have a nice day?' Whose wife tells them 'Have a nice day?'

Apropos of the title of this post:

Lines From Movies (Of Varying Levels Of Merit) That Are Stuck In My Brain, In Which I Remember The Exact Sounds, Nuances, Intonations And Pauses Of The Delivery Of The Line For No Good Goddamned Reason

“They don’t look like potato sacks, that’s the advantage.”
--Micki & Maude
--The one that isn’t Amy Irving, tearfully showing her sketches for a maternity clothing line.


“Percent?” “Nothin!” “ZE-ro.” “Not a GOT-damn thang.”
--American Pimp
--Four different pimps, on what percent of their earnings the girls get to keep


“One girl took up wrestling, and she got into Yale!” “No, Harvard!”
--How I Got Into College
--Phil Hartman and Nora Dunn, college counselors


“Heh. It’s a clip-on.” “Heh, I know.”
--Tommy Boy
--Farley & Spade, as Spade tries (with disgust & disdain) to straighten Farley’s necktie


“What you’ve GOT is an ass-full of trouble!”
--The Wraith
--local baddie to the hero guy


“You cowered before me. I was frightening.”
--Labyrinth
--Bowie.
Fuckyeahdavidbowie.

“Fabian. Charge me!”
--Peggy Sue Got Married
--
Nic Cage, gathering strength from a photo of his idol, Fabian

“Sew, old woman! Sew like the wind!”
--Three Amigos
--Martin Short, to an old Mexican lady

“I’m POSSESSED!”
--Innerspace
--Martin Short, again; inhabited by nanoQuaid


“I have seen this car upon the road.”
--Children of the Corn
--The creepy redheaded one, reporting back to the head CornChild


“We watched Dad’s movie again and then Blake washed her hair for ten hours.”
--Irreconcilable Differences
--Drew Barrymore, reporting back to Shelley Long on her weekend at Dad’s house


“Scotch?”
--Mr. Mom
--Keaton, to Mull, his offer of a 7:00 a.m. beer having been rejected

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Brown said...

I say that Three Amigos one at least once a month.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Sarah Brown said...

OH MY GOD I forgot "How I Got Into College"! Wasn't that a pre-anorexic LFB? That came on HBO all the time, I had it memorized.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

It was, and she was SO CUTE in it! I swear I've seen that thing like 25 times, always more or less inadvertently and always liked it.

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home