Friday, December 04, 2009

Grow the fuck up.

I'm sick of people bitching and whining all "Waaaaaaaaaaaah, Obama hasn't done every single fucking thing I wanted him to, exactly the way I wanted it, instantaneously! Fuck him! Waaaaaaaah!" Such childish bullshit. I'm not saying I personally want to make hot flamingo love with every single decision he's made, or that I think he should replace Shatner as the Deity, or that he is without fault as a person or as a President -- but:

--He SAID he was going to make mistakes, and make decisions you/me/we would disagree with. He fucking said it. He was being honest. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate that.
--However, I do believe completely that he is trying his level motherfuckin best to do the most good for the most people. This also is a wholly refreshing and unfamiliar feeling.
--Change is slow to come. Sometimes it's a hundred steps backward before it's one step forward. By all means, let's hold him to his word, but can we give him some goddamn space, a little room to WORK? He's only one man, y'all.

Mark Morford said it better than I could. And these lists of Obama's accomplishments so far? Inspiring -- wonderful -- heartening.

Whatever childish fantasies people held about him have by now worn off -- and that's a good thing. Let's let the real person continue his real work, and keep letting him know what we want.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger bonnjill said...

Word! I couldn't have said it better myself - or as expressively. Well done!

6:48 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

AMEN Gleem!!!!! And where the fuck were all these people when Bushie was ass-raping our civil liberties??? Shut up, dumbasses.

4:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home