Friday, October 09, 2009

You can double any number / All you do is multiply by two ...

In Which I Overshare (By Gleemonex Standards) and Forever Lose My Gangsta Cred:

Two years ago today, I was in the hospital, three days out from my last shower, tireder than I’d ever been, and feeling like I’d run an ultramarathon, then been totally dismantled and put back together wrong -- and I didn’t care about any of that at all, cause Kid Gleemonex was finally here and this duo had become a POWER TRIO.

And as scared as I was up to then about how she’d change our lives, and change me, and generally throw a wrench into everything – none of that shit mattered anymore either. She did change everything; in fact, the shift into our new lives was instantaneous, completely radical and absolutely shocking in its totality. Entire rooms opened up that we didn’t even know were there. No, fuck that – galaxies. Entire galaxies, lit with billions of stars.

I tell her every day that she’s the most precious thing in the world to me.

Happy birthday, tiny girl – you are everything I wanted and everything I never even realized I wanted, and I’m grateful for every second of it.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger uncouthheathen said...

This is so sweet. So cute.

I need to find me one of those.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Uncle Spike said...

Wow. Life is beautiful, indeed. And yes, you are SO doing the right thing by telling her she's the most precious thing in the world to you. Much love to you all.

11:45 PM  
Anonymous traceace said...

You are the coolest lady I know. Hands down.

3:23 AM  
Blogger francine said...

awww and yea! this makes me excited for my own little dude!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

I...have...something in my eye

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home