Sunday, October 04, 2009

Strange things are afoot at the Cursive W

Mildly Surprising Things Found At the Brand-New Walgreens Near My House

--A home kit to test for drug use, including meth, cocaine, crack, marijuana, etc. $29.95. Near the pharmacy window, with, somewhat ironically, the anti-theft camera pointed right at it.

--A box of strips to test the BAL (blood alcohol level) of breastmilk. In the same aisle with the baby stuff. Didn't note the exact price, but I remember thinking it was expensive for something you could probably figure out for yourself.

--Big bags of sweetened/flavored pipe tobacco with hideous names like "grape dream" and "cherry royale." Made my throat constrict involuntarily in a heaving/ralphing action. Product was part of a very large display of tobacco products behind the counter, right next to the equally large display of stop-smoking products.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger francine said...

ohhh, then you must be at the same walgreens that just opened up by my house

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Berwie said...

I HAVE got to get me some of those breast milk strips....

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home