Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Four-Top Wednesday: Two Things That Are Awesome, and Two Things I Don’t Get

Things that are awesome

Keggers of Yore.
Grampa Jack, is that you?

This quote:
when i worked at E! we had a rule about "talent". never tell them the correct call time. and whenever in doubt, dont tell them anything, tell their handlers. to that point, any time one of us did something dumb or spacey we'd call each other Talent. if you saw my car, youd know im so far from being talent. although at this point in my life i could definately use a handler.


Things I Don’t Get

Personalized license plates. Why? They don’t actually irritate me unless they’re irritating (for instance, cutesy Princessy shit, referring to “someone bought me this because I am a hi-maintenance biznatch and expensive presents are the key to my Brazilian-waxed personal areas,” or King Shit of the Turdy Sandbox stuff like “my toy” which middle-aged dickholes think is totes awesome on their stupid Porsche, or political statements with which I disagree violently, e.g. the bigass Suburban I saw once with BPROLIF plates – fuck you, lady). Or unless I don’t get them at all – I am unreasonably and disproportionately enraged by the ones that are clearly on purpose, but incomprehensible. It’s a little the way I feel about crossword puzzles. But otherwise, it's just -- meh. If that's how you wanna spend your dolla bills ...

James Taylor. He seems like a real dick, to me.

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Uncle Spike said...

RE: personalized license plates...Ever been to Illinois? Every other goddamned license place is personalized there. I even met a superneurotic OCD guy who actually spent energy and time figuring out a license plate that would read the right way in a rearview mirror. Yeah, it kinda, sorta worked. But who wants a personalized license plate that makes no sense when you're looking at it straight-on?
That's the type of screwball mentality out there. Also a fair bit of an entitlement miasm. And there's two of the many, MAAAANY reasons you'll never see me living in Illi-noise again.

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Blabbermouse said...

I love the ones that say "I'm not spoiled, my husband just loves me." I'm all, and so he bought you a Hyundai.

9:38 AM  
Blogger HHL said...

keggers of yore = fuckin awesome.

sad to say, i've gotten dozens and dozens of pics that would fit right in on that site.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

Yeah, so I'm going to waste dozens of hours on the keggers of yore site, now. Just when I think the interwebs has nothing more to give...

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're really really funny, you know that?

blabbermouse linked you one day, I think and I bookmarked your page and love to come visit.

I am not nearly as funny (www.xanga.com/miss_order), but I am a real person who appreciates your wit and vocabulary.

6:50 PM  
Blogger francine said...

okay, james taylor- total dick. also, my husband and i were at a bar in monterey and won some tix to go on a new year's cruise around the bay. but we were going to be up in the bay area (these were in our fresno living days, the ones i choose to forget) and couldn't use the tix. so they gave us each a consolation prize- a james taylor cd. to make it worse, they were both disc 2 of some 2 cd greatest hits set he had. and i've actually won half a lamb in a raffle and that rates as better than the james taylor disc 2 prize.

8:40 AM  
Blogger francine said...

bay area=san fran as opposed to monterey bay

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home