Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Barney Frank is my fucking HERO.

This is the one guy in Congress with the stones to refuse to be shouted down by the insane belligerent ignorance of those idiots trying to sabotage the health care town halls.

Some Fox News Zombie (bearing an image of Obama – our President – defaced to look like Adolf “My Name Is Synonymous With ‘Evil Genocidal Maniac’ Cause I Practically Invented That Shit, Or Was At Least The Most Efficient At It” Hitler), accosts Representative Frank with a scripted-by-Limbaugh “question”: "Why are you supporting this Nazi policy?"

And instead of taking her mouth-diarrhea seriously, B-Frank goes: “On what planet do you spend most of your time?”

Fucking AWESOME.

He didn’t go toe-to-toe with her – he didn’t have to. That would be to give her and her ilk undeserved respect and to unnecessarily engage the enemy. He just let her look like a fucking jackass. He continued:

You want me to answer the question? Yes. As you stand there with a picture of the President defaced to look like Hitler and compare the effort to increase health care to the Nazis, my answer to you is as I said before, it is a tribute to the First Amendment that this kind of vile, contemptible nonsense is so freely propagated. Ma'am, trying to have a conversation with you would be like trying to argue with a dining room table. I have no interest in doing it.

Barney gets it – there’s no fucking point talking to these people. They don’t want to debate, they aren’t trying to understand the issue, they don’t care what you have to say, not even the tiniest little bit. They’re out to crush Obama and everything he stands for, no matter what. We suffer them to be there because we aren’t like the Bush gang, allowing entry only to pre-approved, oath-signing loyalists who come pre-programmed with softball setup questions – and this is what we get.

Well, Shatner bless you, Barney. Keep on keepin’ on, my man, and don’t let the assholes get you down.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Harry said...

...wasn't there some kind of, oh I don't know, *stigma* attached to even disagreeing with the (then) president a few years ago? Something like, "that's un-American" or somesuch. But calling the president Hitler is, what, okay? Your duty? So confused following this logic. Oh wait, it's not logic, it's bat-shit crazy. Whew.

And I liked your facebook post. Maybe that would be a quick way to tidy my friend list?

1:37 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Exaaaaaactly. All those people hollering at ME to "respect the President, no matter which side you are on" ... suspiciously silent now, that bunch.

And yeah, weed those FB people ... good Shatner am I tired of certain posters.

1:56 PM  
Blogger bonnjill said...

Word! I remember the Dixie Chicks getting their CDs crushed and burned for simply saying they were ashamed to be from the same state as the president. And now these holier-than-thou (aka if-you're-not-with-us-you're-against-us) Americans have the audacity to equate President Obama with Hitler and no one says peep. Go, Barney Frank, go. I am tempted to move to your jurisdiction just so I can vote for you in the next election!

2:30 PM  
Blogger Panda!!!! said...

Beautiful. A little known fact: I used to live down the hall from Mr. Frank when I lived in DC, but I had no idea who he was for about a year and just thought he was a creepy geezer.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home