Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Looks like yer pumpin a dry well, here.

You know how sometimes your brain will just get completely dried out, like they wrung it in a towel and salted it and put it on the drainboard for awhile, preparatory to slicing it thin and frying it in a little olive oil for a snack?

And then you think how snack is just such a terrible word, which sounds like smack, as in smacking while you eat, and how food noises, like on a Carl's Jr. commercial, are among the most sickening sounds ever, and maybe you could write about that for your little blog which you haven't updated in a week, but then you don't really have anything else to say about it except that in food/eating-related words you also hate "eatery," "toothsome" (especially since everybody uses it wrong), and "slurp," but seriously, who doesn't?

It's kinda like that around here ... nothin wrong, nothin ugly going on (life's pretty damn good right now, actually), no lag in my commitment to this great enterprise we call the Internets, just -- no good ideas or fresh outrages at the moment. So lemme axe y'all for help:

Throw some topics at me, people -- let's ballpark some figures, I'll bebop and scat all over whatever you're layin' down. Blogger for hire yo!

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Panda!!!! said...

Sarah Palin! BSG, Season 3 (I'm on episode 6)! How about suggestions for a good book or two?

These, of course, are all very selfish suggestions.

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

blogging about Sarah Palin would just add to the WHAAAARGLBARRRRRRGL of it all. I would much rather glee post about a broken water sprinkler than Palin's words or actions. The sprinkler and Palin both have about the same ability to string coherent sentences together.

3:50 PM  
Blogger francine said...

but really, i have not been able to stand those carl's jr. commercials since forever. if my husband had to answer a question about my biggest pet peeve on the new newlywed game, he would guess smacking- especially as featured in the carl's jr commercials- and then we would win a china cabinet or a trip to hawaii.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Twelve said...

Two suggestions:

(1) A weekly "I believe..." post, with 3-5 short points. For example, I believe...
...that I will punch the next person who uses the word "stakeholder" in front of me.
...etc.

(2) A "This is what is wrong with you, [insert name]" series, wherein you explain what is wrong with various people.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

GOD I LOVE YOU GUYS.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

PS: Francine, you know it'd be the china cabinet. It always is.

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Book recommendations are always welcome. Do you re-read books? I re-read certain books at certain times of the year. Do you watch Mad Men? I'd love to read your take on that. Harry Potter (movies or books) -- pro or con? What is in your Netflix queue -- and why? If you could take a dream vacation (money no object), where would you go? Three things you ate this year you wish you wouldn't have.

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, I got nuthin'! Which is why my blog is also in a state of stagnation. I think I had 2 posts in July and maybe 3 in June. TERRIBLE! Plus, my Red Sox are doing their best to give the Yanks the pennant, the fuckers!

At least I have a new baby (and going back to work) as an excuse...but I can't use that forever.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Hey there, long-time lurker, first-time poster. Love yer show.

Couldya maybe give us your take on the True Blood phenomenon? Explain why I'm addicted to such pulp? Validate and/or tear me down? After all, it is no Buffy. Then again, no frakkin Twilight (shudder) either.

Thanks, Miz Glee.
- Confused in MN

PS I may have mistaken you for an advice blog. Apologies as appropriate.

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home