Tuesday, July 07, 2009

It might be better than Transformers 2, but I won't chance it.

Internets, I love John Krasinsky. I do, a real lot. And if you don’t, it’s probably because you are medically, clinically frigid. But I don’t love everything he’s in (that lump of dog schmear he was in with Robin Williams? If ever humanity needed proof that the Holy Shatner, while loving, is also cruel …). And this new thing, this Away We Go? I’m afraid I find it simply unsupportable.

It was written by Writers, y’all. Capitalization intended. Precious famous-indie Writers. Those are the WORST. When Writers go for to make a movie, the result is much more often than not a turgid, in-love-with-itself thing that nobody really likes, but they have to say they do so they can seem cultured and smart and high of brow.

I mean, come on. Krasinsky’s bearded. Maya Rudolph is involved and Mike Judge isn’t.

I could be wrong about this one – but I probably won’t find out unless I get, from y’all personally, a good reason to.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One movie you need to see? The Hangover. Best movie this summmer, hands down. It's so good it's worth seeing 2 or 3 times!

6:41 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Believe it or not, we got a babysitter and went to see that! Totally worth it -- could not believe how much I laughed. (Although I was glad the part with the baby was short-lived -- all I could do while that was going on was cringe and worry.)

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home