Monday, June 15, 2009

Why did I say, “Oh, go suck your own cock,” out loud yesterday? Read on to find out!

I was reading an article in the loathsome Sunday Styles section of the NYT about three recent Harvard grads (puke) who started a not-bad-idea thing on the Internets where alumni can sort of micro-loan money to current students to fill the gaps financial aid doesn’t address (e.g. cost of MCAT prep, cost of getting to Japan for study abroad, etc.), and they get quarterly updates from the young go-getter they sponsor, like with Sally Struthers’s weepy dealio with the hungry brown kids. Now, I could’ve used such a service back in my day (I did a psych study for three bucks and a cookie once, true story), and I’d probably be up for lending to a current Columbia student at this stage of my life – so like I said, not a bad idea. But then there’s this quote:

Brian Feinstein, 24, who graduated in 2007, said he lent $50 to a student on Unithrive because she is from East Longmeadow, Mass., and has the same major he did. “I lived in Longmeadow for a while when I was younger,” said Mr. Feinstein, now an analyst at a venture capital firm. “I found commonalities with her background.”

THIS is why everybody hates Harvard people so much.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous amanda said...

I love you.

Read the same article and thought exactly the same thing.

Someday, we're going to have to meet.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Ha! Glad I wasn't the only one. And I will meet you anytime, madam!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Laughing re: harvard. You know why! See: my younger brother who also overshadows me alllll of the time. I love your blog! Our DLS...

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home