Friday, June 05, 2009

It was fun being part of the Cool Side of the Room!

Actual Things Written By My Classmates In My Senior Yearbook, the 1992 Crag, In Which I Guess I Mostly Remember What the Fuck They're Talking About:
[Part IV of a series; I, II, and III are here]

I’ve lost my mind. I forgot to mention the best night of our lives: Guns N Roses. … Yeah, we got arrested. It was I, [Lab Partner], who got her handcuffs off. That was the best.
--Lab Partner

After all those years of studying (ha!) they are finally going to give us that piece of paper that says we played their game. Now its our turn to prove to “them” that we don’t need their “help” to get us where we going.
--girl who “may” have cottoned on to the fact that I was (trying really hard to be) a “rebel”

You’re going to have to visit me in [East Coast City]. I’ll see you on the society pages of Vogue. I’ll be writing the captions, “[Gleemonex], with date, Christian Slater.”
--thoroughgoingly delusional person, in many more ways than just this

You really need to stay off the drugs. HA!
--Mr. DHS, who, like everyone, knew I had never even seen a drug, much less done one. I was probably pretty goddamn obnoxiously vocal about that shit.

Anyways, I enjoyed all the crazy shit you write on your locker and books.
--Most Attractive, who clearly recognized me as a future babbler-on-the-Internets

He’s my sexy man! In 10 years we’ll be married and living in Jamaica!
--CK, over a pic of the coach with whom, as I have stated before, she was … somewhat obsessed

“[Gleemonex], help me, I can’t get the donuts off the floor – my mom will kill me!”
--DR, in re: the various crap ground into the carpet of our post-prom motel room, which was rented under her mom’s credit card

Thank you, thank you, thank GOD for you the wind beneath my wings.
--TV exec

In a couple of years I will read about you in some Swedish magazines, “[Gleemonex] marries Christian Slater; will she retire as U. S. President now?”
--Swedish exchange student, inadvertently adding weight to the claim that I had some sort of thing about Christian Slater – whom, honestly, I really do not remember being that torqued up about.

Your such a Fucking great terrific God Damn person. See you this Fucking summer. Fuck you.
--generally mild-mannered guy I didn't know all that well, who … well, it’s been 17 years and I still don’t know what prompted this. Or if he was serious or what …

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alcohol is a hell of a drug.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Don't I know it!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Spanish Johnny said...

Please tell my why your yearbook was named "Crag." Theories abound: (1) Your school was inexplicably and precipitously perched on a cliff. (2) Your school mascot was an eagle. (3) The founding editor was a generally poor speller named Craig.

Enlighten us, please.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

#2, Johnnybaby. You are like smoart or someting!

11:32 AM  
Anonymous AC said...

I have so enjoyed the yearbook series! Too funny! I have got to know who this mild-mannered guy is who wrote that last comment!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Hee! Glad you enjoyed them. We were all a bunch of maniacs, me more than most. The guy who wrote that last comment: He was in our class. His initials are CF (and he is not the person you could call Foz). Does that help?

11:43 AM  
Anonymous AC said...

Yes, that helps. And I too have no insight about his comments, although I am curious if he wrote something similar in mine - not curious enough to dig out my annuals from that dusty box in the garage though.

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home