Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Don't let too many monkeys fly out of your butt!

Actual Things Written By My Classmates In My Junior Yearbook, the 1991 Crag, In Which, Oddly, I Mostly Do Remember What the Fuck They're Talking About:
[Part III of a series]

Don’t Dance too hard with Mr. B. at the G’N’R concert!
--girl who, like me, had no idea how that was going to end up

Remember: eat your cereal w/a fork & do your homework in the dark.
--fellow Pump Up the Volume obsessive and Winona Ryder/River Phoenix worshipper - a guy with whom I used to call booze “liquid fun,” who now has an actual TV show, on network TV

I’ll never forget your attitude problem and me, the anarchist pervert. … Chemistry always and forever. … anyways don’t dye your hair black and chop it off.
--Lab Partner (NB: hair comment refs my obsession with Winona Ryder and announced intention, never fulfilled, to get hair like hers & like Samantha Mathis’s in Pump Up the Volume)

Yeah I’m going to be a Looser and cruise the country in my Jeep listening to Eagles, Doors, James Taylor, and Steve Miller. Yeah, so what if it’s a lame dream – I’ll probably end up cruising [Cowburg] County in a bug that doesn’t have a radio. Dreams are good.
--Lab Partner’s sister, now a fine upstanding citizen and architect

OH BABY! I want to lick creme de menthe from his chest
--CK, below a pic of the coach with whom she was … somewhat obsessed

Going to the Regional Science Fair was about the worst thing I have ever done in my life.
--CK, who knew I would’ve found it so myself

I’ve watched you over the years and you have gotten prettier every year! Now you are a beautiful young woman.
--some girl I absolutely cannot place, but whose comment now sort of creeps me out

Who knows where it will go [“it” being the fact that we kissed once], how long it will last [bout two more months, at which point I found a boyfriend who didn't say stuff like that] or if I will live past 25 [holy Shatner, dramatic much?].
--guy with whom I was in the last phase of obsession; same Facebook philosopher as in the previous installment of this series of posts

Have a great congressional summer and try not to get mugged by Mike Tyson too many times.
--future member of the Dirty Dozen, re: my upcoming summer in D.C. as a Congressional Page

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

Who is the Pump Up The Volume Guy??? What show?? You can't dangle that kind of info without some sort of follow through! I've had some liquid fun tonight and I'm feeling indignant. At least email me and tell me. Sorry I haven't commented in a while, I've been busy graduating from college. Oh yeah. You heard me. HOLLA!!
xx

10:07 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

HOLLA!!! (and a bonus: HEYYYY!)

Can't divulge on the Internets -- his privacy is safe with me -- unless he tells me otherwise. OH ain't I mysterious!!! You could email this fine blogge if you like, though.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Are you Gleemonex at Gmail? I looked on your profile but I couldn't find an address ...

6:26 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Nope, it's damnfinelawn at yahoo

10:09 AM  
Anonymous berwie said...

I remember the creme de menthe obsession...but who was the red lobster waiter???

12:54 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

His name is close to that of the actor who played Luke Skywalker ... two years ahead of us.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home