Friday, May 22, 2009

LYLAS!!!

Actual Things Written By My Classmates In My Freshman Yearbook, the 1989 Crag, In Which I Really Don't Remember What the Fuck They're Talking About:

I also hope that you get you-know-who before you-know-who corrupts him.
--Berwie

Keep in touch this summer and have fun sitting on your butt (since that's what you seem to like to do).
--Lab Partner

I just wanted to wish you the very best and I hope you become our president someday. So when Im thrown in Jial I give you a call so you can Let Me Out.
--some guy whose name I can't place

So since you won't be in [typing class] next year we can't bug [the teacher] and hate her. So well have to get together & hate some one else.
--girl I barely remember

I think your cool, sweet, nice, Groovy, funny, obnoxious. Well that about sums it up!
--girl who got married a week after we graduated

This summer we need to go out and party and then call [other girl] and tell her she should've been there!
--girl who was part of the Bronco Bunch

It has been fun in Algebra because I wouldn't have probably passed if you hadn't have helped me out.
--very delusional person

You are very smart and I personally think you have some great morals.
--other delusional person

I didn't know you until this year mostly because I thought you were a snob but you turned out to be pretty cool.
--um?

I guess we had a pretty good year but it looks like your Spelling skills are getting worse. Any time you need help with your spelling just call me.
--future member of the Dirty Dozen

Hey Peace, Rob Lowe is a lot better than Charlie Sheen!
--girl who, on balance, turned out to be right.

[over a picture of one of the four baseball players we were obsessed with]

I'd like to grab his BUTT!
--CK, partner in crime

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Spanish Johnny said...

Back then, I would've said Charlie Sheen was waaaaaaaaaay better than Rob Lowe -- but then he went and did that awful TV show with Ducky. What the fuck, Charlie?

Oh, and one other thing. I too didn't know you until this year mostly because I didn't know your URL but you turned out to be pretty cool.

6:50 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

I was pretty obsessed with Charlie Sheen -- Major League, doncha know -- but then there were all those hookers and Denise Richards and whatnot, and over the long season, Rob "Short Eyes" Lowe ends up edging him out ever so slightly. Who knew?

Stay sweet, Johnny!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Harry said...

someone wrote "I love your bail bottoms" on my yearbook and it took me months to figure out wtf that meant.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Oh my god, that's even funnier than it should be!!!

12:26 PM  
Blogger Panda!!!! said...

You are very smart and I personally think you have some great morals.

LOL!

12:32 PM  
Blogger francine said...

OMG HAVE I MISSED READING THIS BLOG! this is so funny. i unpacked my middle school yearbooks and those have the best comments. such as this one I found: "please stay in shape and keep your figure!" because wtf is that all about? i'm sure your mom has no complex about her weight at all because i bet you learned that quote from your dad. and then i read who wrote it. and the 2.5 years we dated in high school made so much more sense. self esteem!

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home