Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Clooney called. He wants the whole Ocean’s Eleven thing back.

OK so we were watching Leverage – new show on TNT, starring a strangely younger-than-I-thought, thinner-than-I-thought Timothy Hutton, black guy I think I’ve seen before but not on The Wire, some chick that looks like an older Jamie-Lynn Siegler (who, btw, is just EVERYWHERE these days), some guy who I think was shooting for a cross between Sawyer on Lost and Brad Pitt but landed somewhere around David Foster Wallace, and this spazzy little wiry blonde. We TiVoed it because it has a connection to Mr. Gleemonex’s day job (international thievery) and incidentally it is a Dean Devlin joint, about whom we personally could not give one shit but who is married to this really strange chick with giant blue anime eyes that we knew in college (she was on a soap, and in The Patriot, and ... whatever, she’s married to Dean Devlin – just, never mind. Shut up.).

Anyway.

So, Caper Scene ensues. The spazzy blonde ziplines herself down the side of a tall building, cuts a circle out of the glass window, and, contrary to walkie-talkie admonitions from Hutton, prepares to let herself in, clearly certain she can defeat the various security systems without waiting for backup.

And I go, “Oh man, gymnastic robbing. There’s gonna be gymnastic robbing in this thing.”

Do I have to tell you I was right? Cause I was. Sometimes I hate being right.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But was it good?! I meant to watch it, but the last time I saw a promo for it was August or some such. So, I lost track of it. Worth tuning in, or no?

Anyway, congrats on picking up Sabathia. Here's hoping he's no Pavano.

5:30 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Eh. It was OK. Had some potential, a couple of good moments. I'd watch another ep or two, just to see if it really gets going. Sometimes that pays off (Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles), and sometimes it doesn't (Bionic Woman).

Sabathia ... quite the tease, eh? Kept his date waiting out on the front porch for awhile, but I'm hoping he'll come across, if you get me, and I think you do. Heh.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

the lost/brad pitt guy was on Angel way back in the day (with TRIBAL TATTOOS), so i have to laugh when i see the previews.
and the jamie lynn siegler lady is on a british series/min series thing called Jekyll that is PHENOMENAL, and i think everyone could do to check it out.

6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home