Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I like my coffee like I like my men.

How hard is it to pretend that there’s liquid in the paper coffee cup that you, an actor, hand to another actor onscreen? Seriously. You do this job for a living, so you get paid to pretend stuff semi-accurately all day, and as a bipedal humanoid who requires water to sustain life, presumably you are familiar – if not specifically with a Starbucks-style coffee cup full of hot caffeinated beverage material, capped with a plastic top which has a drinking hole and an air hole in it – at least with the concept of liquid in a cup and the general physical properties thereof, w/r/t sloshing, spillage, heat conduction, &c. So for us, the viewing public, couldja please, for the love of Shatner, go Method, draw on all that vast life experience, and act like there’s some fucking coffee in there, instead of handing it to the other actor like it’s a flashlight or a relay baton? Thanks.

-------

This post brought to you by the increasingly douchey and useless Rob Morrow, who continues to crap all over the legacy of Northern Exposure (which, in retrospect, was clearly good despite him, not because of him, and anyway I always liked Ed and Chris way better except I shared Fleischman’s NYC obsession) with his edgeless, chemistry-free performance in Numbers, a show which owes its place on the Gleemonex household TiVo solely to the tenacious grip of one David “Luck Be a Lady” Krumholtz. The incident in question involved the numbnuts Morrow bringing coffee for himself and Bunk from The Wire in one of this show’s endless stand-and-chat-on-the-aerial-walkway-outside-the-FBI-building scenes. But yay, Bunk getting work, eh?

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Brown said...

God I think this ALL THE TIME in fact I've called my friend Jay about it at least twice in the past six months GAAAAAAHHHHH

8:36 PM  
Blogger Spanish Johnny said...

I've yet to see Numbers, but I'm glad to hear Bunk is back on TV. Still, talk about a post-"Wire" curse... Presbo's hawking BK with Diddy, young Michael's the new Dylan Walsh or something on the new 90210, and I saw Major Rawls on the corner of Varick and King just last week. And, yes, he looked like a total dick in real life. Colonel Daniels seems to be the only who's landed on his feet -- starring on the very enjoyable "Fringe." Why won't someone give these guys a good gig? What the fuck, Hollywood? And where the hell is McNulty?

9:32 PM  
Blogger Princess Sparkle Pants said...

We are forced to watch it but I've never made it to the opening credits. Numbers=instant sleep for me. Husband loves it like crack. Don't get me wrong, Northern Exposure is an all time great, but Numbers, with the curly hair guy? Yuck.

5:26 AM  
Blogger bethie said...

I had no interest in "Numbers" at all; however, the husband is a stats nerd and wanted it to be good and wanted to be into it...after one episode, he declared, "OUT!"

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home