Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A wall. I has hit it.

Two things I found just seriously disproportionately funny yesterday, beyond all reason:

1) A shoe – a black, low-heeled slingback, to be specific – lying in the middle of an intersection a block from work, getting run over again and again and again. I dunno, something so pathetically hilarious about it … I laughed and laughed. To myself. Like a crazy person.

2) A Ziggy cartoon. I’ve never, ever laughed at a Ziggy; in fact, sort of like with that “Love Is … “ shite, which is a rancid tin of Vienna sausages in cartoon form, but with this hideous tractor-beam quality that draws the eye to it with a terrible power and ruins your day with self-loathing once you’ve helplessly read it and looked at the naked genitalless midgets against your will, I’ve long considered Ziggy one of the places where humor goes to die. It’s a cartoon only a Republican could love, know what I mean? And but so, there it was, in the paper edition of The Onion: Ziggy stands there in his bathrobe, staring glumly at his TV, which blares: "¡A continuación, 'Bailando con Los Simpsons!'” I … o help me, I larfed. Out loud. And showed it to my officemate. Who did not larf at all. Um. Maybe just cause it was in espanol, this play on the endless endless “Blanking With a Semi-Celebrity” crapola that passes for televisual entertainment these days? But also it was, you know, in the cartoon world? Los Simpsons? Ahhhhh. Just Taze me and put me to bed for a couple of days, willya?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Panda!!!! said...

I dont know which is more unfunny - Ziggy or the Family Circus

10:43 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Definitely the Family Circus. Ziggy at least leaves Jesus and his own fucking dead grandparents out of it.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home