Friday, February 29, 2008

G-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-H

Internets, I’ve gone on at some length about how much I like to read, and how I’m all into, like, words and whatnot, and how I’d happily kill with my own hands any person who sees no difference between its and it’s and uses them interchangeably. So you might think I likes me some crossword puzzles.

Except, no.

Holy flaming SHATNER, do I hate crossword puzzles. They drive me insane. The cutesy tricksiness of the clues, the “cleverness” of the wordplay, the way people brag about having completed rilly tough ones -- argh. If you like ‘em, bully for you – but for me, as a hobby, it’s right up there with math jokes, Sudoku and that riddle about the duck, the fox, the bag of corn and the boat that only carries two at a time across the fucking river on the list of things they’re gonna make me do all day in hell.

*This post brought to you by a post in one of my longtime favorite blogs, Pop Culture Junk Mail. Gael is pro-crossword, which goes to show you: To each her own. Heh.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pro-crossword, but anti-Sudoku. My wife loves both. We enjoy curling up at the local Qdoba or Le Starbucks to work on the Times Sunday Magazine crossword in the local weekly. LOVE IT. I even have a NYTimes crossword a day calendar that I've been doing religiously since January 1.

But I hate that duck/fox riddle too.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Somebody asked Mr. Gleemonex that stupid riddle in a JOB INTERVIEW once. Tooooools.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Panda!!!! said...

Your a funny girl. I hate crossword puzzles two.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like crosswords, but the jumble - and, by extension, scrabble - are impossible. And thanks to facebook, all my friends and family know it.

6:43 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Panda, I'll kill you where you stand.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home