Thursday, February 14, 2008

Dollars to donuts

Perhaps I was too harsh in Tuesday's post -- I mean, if some douchebag wants to drop $1100 on a piece of Dutch design in an effort to hang onto what he or she perceives as his or her hipster cred despite the fact that he or she is now so unhip as to be a parent, then let 'em. There are worse ways to spend $1100. There are also better ways. To wit:

HALF A DOZEN WORSE WAYS TO SPEND $1100
--Donating to a Republican political candidate
--Two payments on your new H2
--Leather furniture
--Christian Homeschool Curriculum
--Enough modest swimwear to outfit your whole brood
--A shitload of Bill O'Reilly merch

HALF A DOZEN BETTER WAYS TO SPEND $1100
--A plane ticket to Amsterdam to see a whole shitload of Dutch design.
--A case and a half of the Michel-Schlumberger 1998 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon
--About 70 sock zombies
--A fucking AXE!
--Donation to Habitat for Humanity
--Going completely apeshit in Powell's

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Twelve said...

Nobody today, not even farm folk, need more than five children. I am going to lobby my Congressman for a Duggar tax on children 6-17. Wtf is wrong with people?!?

1:18 PM  
Blogger Jory Dayne said...

OH GOD THE DUGGAR FAMILY. G G G, Have you SEEN the show? More specifically the part where the reveal the new piano, and the mom gets all weepy, and then it cuts to the oldest playing except he's surrounded by the rest of the litter all playing their violins?

It's the combine fury of like, a billion alley cats, in heat, and sleeping under your car's hood for warmth, right when you start the ignition and their tails were unfortunately wound through the timing belt.

I seriously lost my shit. I could not breathe, I was laughing so hard. I was dying.

6:26 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

twelve, if I knew that -- wtf is wrong with people -- I'd be a rich 'un somehow.

Jory Dane: your description alone made me lose MY shit ... holy schninkes, those Duggars are a fuckin mess!

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home