Monday, February 11, 2008

Mememememe

I've been memed, y'all! And by a Canadian, no less!

Here's how it's all gonna go down:

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open it at page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence/phrase.
4. Blog the next four sentences/phrases together with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig your shelves for that very special or intellectual book.
6. Pass it forward to six friends.

SO:
------------

When they shook hands in the parking lot, the Australian knew he was in business. Griffin watched him drive away in his rented car, and then went home, thinking now only of his answering service and if June Mercator had called.

She had called a little after nine, and the message from her was to call whenever he got in. So he had alarmed her.

--Michael Tolkin, The Player

------------

Get on it, y'all! (I only have five friends who haven't been tagged with this one yet.)
http://slugger.wordpress.com/
http://hiphoplawyer.blogspot.com/
http://displacedtxmom.blogspot.com/
http://ayearinthefirm.blogspot.com/
http://chiieew.blogspot.com/

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

geez, you'd think the internetz would be free from chain letters.

I know you weren't talking to me(ormememe), but here we go;

Nearest book was the Webster's New Compact Dictionary (hey I'm at my computer), and page 123, fifth definition,

hand'ball", n. game with a thrown rubber ball.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Heh --the Internetz are all about chain letters, and if you don't do this meme, someone close to you will fall ill and, um, you won't get the pile of $1 bills promised in this letter!

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously...there's not a book in the office, short of the phone book. This will simply have to wait til I get home.

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The nearest book to me with more than 123 pages just has a listing of courses offered at the University of Sydney on page 23. :(

11:51 AM  
Blogger Panda!!!! said...

The nearest book didn't have 123 pages! I'll post the second nearest book, but I think it's dull. Maybe I don't fully understand these instructions? On second thought, I'm waiting for you to return so I can consult your expertise.

3:51 PM  
Blogger HHL said...

geez. in the first two books I grabbed, the 4 relevant sentences were like 100 words each. from this we can conclude that Dickens ain't no Hemingway, at least in terms of economy.

but in this case, the third time really is a charm:

"I heard his very last words..." I stopped in a fright.

"Repeat them," she said in a heart-broken tone, "I want -- I want -- something -- something -- to -- to live with."

I was on the point of crying at her, "Don't you hear them?" The dusk was repeating them in a persistent whisper all around us, in a whisper that seemed to swell menacingly like the first whisper of a rising wind. "The horror! The horror!"

--Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness.

(actually that's 5 instead of 4, but you can't really leave off the last one.)

p.s., Griffin = Griffin Mill? Did not know that was a book.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Nice, HHL!

And yeah, pretty good book. The movie, which I love, makes a few significant departures from the book, though.

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home