Friday, January 25, 2008

Notes from within the Baby-Industrial Complex

I keep the mommy postings to a minimum here, but can I just share one thing with y'all? An unexpected horror of this job? It's the baby wipes -- when you open a new pack, the ones at the top are kinda dry, the ones in the middle are of the expected level of moistiture, but the ones at the bottom are just loathsomely wet. Sopping, saturated -- el disgusto. Bleah. If I weren't already guilting out over how big this baby's environmental footprint is, I'd toss the last 10% of every pack rather than reach in and pull out that nastiness (the diaper itself does not even compare, and I'm not kidding about that). Eeeegh.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Harry said...

If you're using "refills" just make sure to add the new pack to the bottom of the old pack as soon as you're like halfway through them. The top (drier ones)of the new pack will absorb some of the bottom (wetter ones)of the old pack.

'Cause yeah. Ew.

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you could just make a point to store them upside down until use, or even in between uses.
It works for my handiwipes and I'd assume baby wipes are the same.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Princess Sparkle Pants said...

Jo's right... just load them in upside down, and they will drip down and re-wet (ewwww) the dry ones. I know, they suck. But at least they are cheaper than formula. Jeesh.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Ahhh! Simple, yet brilliant -- you guys rule! Thanks!

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home