Thursday, March 06, 2008

Also: Less churchin, more drivin around smokin

Courtesy of the great Slugger, whose only detectable flaw is that he’s a Red Sox fan, here is a wee list of …

Things I’d Do Differently if I Went Back to the Eleventh Grade Knowing What I Know Now

--Not get so torqued up over MR. Wow, what a self-absorbed drama queen that guy was. (Probably still is.) I mean, just because a guy is from somewhere else, listens to the Smiths and has books all over his room and posters for bands you’ve never heard of, doesn’t mean he’s actually interesting. And all that mumbling about how “I’ll probably be dead before 25”? GOD. Get over yourself.
--Let the dream of playing tennis for a Division III school die. Let it die.
--Dial back the energy expended on this one particular friend to zero. I can’t go into any more detail here, but let’s just say, borderline sociopaths will never, ever reward your care.
--Antagonize that dickweed government/econ teacher a little more. He deserved it, the shithead, and when his race-baiting finally got the better of MV, who flipped him the ol’ double eagle, said “Fuck you!” and walked out? I shoulda walked out with him.
--Not set myself up for getting totally burned by N. in front of the whole Algebra II class, thusly: (Me) “Yeah, well, just wait till we get PSAT scores back, and then we’ll see who’s smarter than who.” (N, calmly): “Who’s smarter than whom.” I mean, it was funny, even at the time, but … arrrgh! I really walked into that one.

On the other hand, some of these things were valuable lessons, so maybe it’s good that we don’t get do-overs. Heh.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I can't remember who\whom N is\was..

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always enjoy a good post from Madame Gleemonex.
I wouldn't give up on that tennis dream. You probably still have some eligibility left in your NCAA bank. As for everything else...well, yeah.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

N was tall, had blond hair, hung out with SL ...

Slugger, I've got FOUR YEARS of NCAA eligibility left! Time to get crackin! World's Oldest Freshman Recruit, here I come ...

1:32 PM  
Blogger Panda!!!! said...

It's like you took a page out of my adolescence

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home