Friday, September 28, 2007

TiVo le hero


[Still here, still no Kid Gleemonex -- will post when that changes!]

So hey, Internets, guess what? It's a whole new TV season, and my TiVo is ready to record ...

NOTE: Later premieres, such as LOST, Battlestar Galactica, and probably 24, will be covered at a later time. Smallville (I know, I know, shut UP) will have to wait till summer reruns because of Survivor. I'm assuming you'll assume the daily recording of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report.

NOTE: any or all of the following will be pre-empted by post-season baseball wherever necessary -- even with a brand-new baby in the house, I still have my goddamned priorities. LET'S GO, YANKEES!

Show: The Office
Reason: Incurable addiction (in a good way), total hilarity.

Show: Friday Night Lights
Reason: Best show on network television, bar none.

Show: Mad Men
Reason: Best New Show on TV, dark, regularly astonishing, completely captivating.

Show: 30 Rock
Reason: 22 incredibly tight, hilarious minutes; girlcrush on Tina Fey; awe of the comic majesty of Alec Baldwin

Show: Reaper
Reason: The guy from Invasion, the kid from Grounded for Life, Ray Mothafuckin Wise; and so far, good, tight, hilarious writing

Show: Bionic Woman
Reason: Katee Sackhoff

Show: Saturday Night Live
Reason: Unbreakable habit of exactly 25 years' standing (and thank Shatner for TiVo, cause otherwise, this would be UNBEARABLE)

Show:Survivor: China
Reason: Incurable addiction (in a less-good way), nonstop verbal ragging on people I consider my moral and intellectual inferiors, always something new to hold the attention.

Show: The Henry Rollins Show
Reason: Great interviews, great music, great variety of rants and other HR monologues

Show: At the Movies with Ebert & Roeper
Reason: The most reliable reviews of new movies (between Roeper and whatever chuckleheaded guest is standing in for the probably-never-gonna-come-back Ebert [moment of silence], I can usually suss out what I'd like to see)

Show: King of the Hill
Reason: Still deadly perfect after all this time, and keeps getting funnier

Show: Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations
Reason: Have all his books, love the places he goes, love the dickishness mixed with self-deprecation

Show: South Park
Reason: So funny it hurts, so gross it makes me sick, such sharply & viciously pointed satire and political commentary that you sometimes wonder how these guys aren't in Gitmo, Shatner bless 'em

Show:Numb3rs
Reason: Goddamned David Krumholtz (loved him since Slums of Beverly Hills, will watch almost anything with him in it); Diane Farr; frequent unintentional hilarity (e.g. the idea that anyone -- ANYONE -- has sexual chemistry with Rob "I Don't Need No 'Northern Exposure,' I'm'a Be A Big Movie Star" Morrow)

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Panda!!!! said...

LOVED seeing Chief on Bionic Woman!

I am SICK of the damn Smallville commercials, but they are shockingly effective. I was kind of sort of a little, tiny, wee bit tempted to see Tom Welling (is he still supposedly a teenager?) meet ... SuperBlondeHo?

12:24 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

The beautiful Mr. Welling ... ah, he's like 34 now or something ... heh. But they've got them all out of kollege and working, so at least they're not pretending to be teens anymore.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Princess Sparkle Pants said...

Yeahmm, I don't care. I like him too. Also? It KILLS me that you swear in treklanguage while I swear in Mormon. I LOVE people who swear unusually!

8:43 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

ha! I can't stand Star Trek, but I figure the latter-day Shatner's as good a representation of the Deity as any ... ;-)

11:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Um, where on this list is the Hills??? MTV's "scripted reality" show. Come on. It's so bad and so fun to hate!

10:56 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Which show about ridiculously (and often surgically) gorgeous vapid self-absorbed slutty ultra-rich waste-of-oxygen teens/early 20s is that, again? They all run together for me ...

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home