Friday, September 14, 2007

This and tumbleweeds ...

Friday Fives: Five lists of five things tumbling around the vacant windswept parking lot that is my mind today.

Five shows I’ve seen more than once:
--Pixies (x3)
--Tenacious D (x6)
--Radiohead (x3)
--Sloan (x3)
--Matthew Sweet (x3)

Five 45s I owned as a yute:
--Like a Surgeon, Weird Al Yankovic
--Sunglasses at Night, Corey Hart
--Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, Cyndi Lauper
--The Power of Love, Huey Lewis and the News
--Billie Jean, Michael Jackson

Five things that used to depress the living shit out of me as a yute:
--The color palette of the 70s
--The Hill Street Blues theme song
--Puff, the Magic Motherfucking Goddamned Dragon (and by association, everything those assholes Peter, Paul and Mary ever sang or thought about singing, damn all three of those fucks to hell)
--Waiting to get picked up from a sleepover (SO ready to go home by that point)
--My friend’s dad’s house (divorced, whole house smelled of cat pee)

Five chick lit books I have read, which represent several hours of my life I’ll never get back, and thank Shatner I never actually PURCHASED any of them:
--Girls’ Guide to Hunting and Fishing
--The Nanny Diaries
--The Devil Wears Prada
--Bridget Jones’ Diary
--Singletini (actually have only read bits, in dramatic form, when it was my turn to read aloud in “homeroom” at work – hola, Sneed!)

Five people I’d very much like to punch in the throat:
--Scott the engineer (on Stern)
--Dane Cook
--Farhad Manjoo
--Scarlett Johanssen
--Zach Braff

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Panda!!!! said...

You've seen Tenacious D six times? Will the kid be too young to drag to the Black Francis shows in a few weeks?

2:56 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Yup, from the D's first road gig (Maritime Hall '99) to the most recent, with lots of noobs because of the movie ...

We're going to miss Black Francis, but we're going to see Jesus & Mary Chain in October, come hell or high water ... watch for a post on that. ;-)

4:22 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

I'm assuming there's a Scarlett story? Just because she's overrated, or what?

Jesus & Mary Chain!! I didn't know that they were a.)touring and b.) alive. God bless ya, please tell us all about it (I'm going out on a limb that they will not be making their way to OKC or Tulsa.)

7:41 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Yeah, for reals! Given the bros' history, pretty much the third-least-likely reunion ever (after Pixies, which obviously did happen, at least for awhile, and the Smiths, which will never ever happen even if hell DOES freeze over) ... kickass, huh? Unfortunately, it looks right now as if they're sticking to California (couple of SoCal dates, and two in SF). But keep an eye on 'er -- you never know when they might take a rando trip through Dallas or something.

re: Miss Johanssen -- I'm just officially Over her, is all. I wouldn't punch her really HARD in the throat like I would Dane Cook (nor repeatedly, like I would him) -- just enough to make her go, "what the fuck?"

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home