Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I know he can GET the job, but can he DO the job?

Well, Internets, today was my last day of work for a few months -- I am now officially on leave. And I gotta tellya, this is one bizarre feeling.

Now, granted, I'm about to start a fully 24/7 gig, but you know what I mean. I've worked out of the home for pay since ... I guess you could start counting at my babysitting jobs when I was nine. I've been on at least one official payroll (and up to three) at a time pretty much continuously since I was sixteen -- the longest jobless stretch of my adult life was about seven weeks, between the Nanny Agency and the Internet Startup/Spinoff in 1999. (Back then, that's how long it took to quit your job, find several more in fields in which you had zero experience, play them off each other, pick the one you liked best, and tell 'em you'd start in a couple weeks or so -- ahh, the boom was fun, wadn't it?)

Back then, I occupied my time with such things as daytime drinking, lengthy gym visits and the cooking of increasingly elaborate meals -- Mr. Gleemonex has never said anything about that time in our lives, but I bet it scared him a little. Heh.

This time, I can't drink, can't do more than 30 minutes on an elliptical machine, and can't be arsed to roast my own spices for garam masala, so I imagine I'll do a lot of baby-prep type stuff, and/or sleeping (which I hear gets a little scarce after Agent Entropy shows up, no?).

But my point is, I, like, don't have to go to work tomorrow. Or the day after that. Or the day after that. Until JANUARY. Weeeeird.

BTW, this post's title is courtesy of the brilliant first half-hour of Joe vs. The Volcano -- don't bother with the rest of the movie, it's stoopid, but that first half hour is GOLDEN.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Panda!!!! said...

Panda!!!! will miss you! Can't wait to meet Agent Entropy!

7:56 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

I'll miss you, too, Panda!!! But hey, at least we got some strategery in before I went MIA. ;-) Next time you see me, it'll be all "ya gotta see the BAY-bee!"

heh.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home