Tuesday, September 25, 2007

D-Day

OK, so Kid Gleemonex’s due date is here – it’s today – and as far as I can tell, nothin’s doin. I have seen to all my maternity leave paperwork, stocked the pantry and the freezer, packed the hospital bag, bought a cute-ass lil’ outfit for bringing KG home, vacuumed and mopped the floors, gotten the photo album ready, kept the road warm between my house and Target, gotten Mr. Gleemonex to install the carseat, run down a million little details, gone to the gym nearly every day, unnerved Safeway checkers by carrying my own stuff out … and finally, I’m just waiting. Verrrry tedious, this.

It was pretty funny yesterday, though, when the Jehovah’s Witnesses stopped by – I wouldn’t have answered the door, but the blinds were open in the living-room window and they totally saw me in there, so I kind of had to. They asked if my husband was home (I considered saying something like, “Which one?” but I’m not courageous like that), then they gave me their literature and started angling for an invite, and then one of them asked all conversational-like when my baby is due, and I said “Ah, tomorrow actually.” And he goes, “Oh! Ha! Um … okgoodluckwiththatbyenow!” and dragged the other one off like they had a Rapture Bus to catch.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Panda!!!! said...

C'mon lil' Gleemonex! We're waiting!

I love that you have your homeward bound outfit all picked out!

12:23 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

The kid MUST be fashionable ...

1:30 PM  
Blogger srah said...

Oh wow, it seems like just yesterday you were making the announcement (or the subtle suggestions)! C'mon, Kid Gleemonex! Come out and see us! Here on the Internet, where we live!

5:26 PM  
Blogger Sarah Brown said...

Whoa! Already?!

(I'm sure that's exactly what you're thinking. Good luck!)

6:25 PM  
Blogger Princess Sparkle Pants said...

Wow. I can't believe your readers are all too cool to make the "must be nesting" comments. And, seriously? I wish I had the balls to talk to Jehovah's witnesses like that, too. At least you THOUGHT of the snappy remarks. I would think of them, say, an hour later, and then be all, "Aw, man- I should have said...". Anyway, good luck. End of pregnancy totally sucks it. Makes labor look better by comparison. Parenthood is cool, though.

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's hoping he's a Red Sox fan. *laughing* Not having children of my own, I have no idea what you're going through...but I wish you all the luck for a speedy delivery. (No Mr. Rogers pun intended.)

6:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so impressed that you are going to the gym still! Looking forward to news of KG's arrival!

7:35 AM  
Blogger Harry said...

Good luck...can't wait to hear all about it!

1:03 PM  
Blogger Lisa Ann said...

I hope KG comes before the playoffs begin. Good luck (to you and Yanks).

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does this two day black out mean you're having your baby now?

2:58 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

No, just that I'm sitting here frustrated and annoyed that nothing AT ALL is happening. And it's completely blocking my ability to write anything else. grrrrrrrr.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Panda!!!! said...

ooh! It's just writer's block? I was thinking there's a Kid Glee in the world!

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home