Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Yeah, yeah, Piggy's got the conch shell

So hey, anybody going to watch Kid Nation tonight? I'm not, and not just because of the massive advertising push. It's just that, well, I can't muster up any care -- you know, I don't need to start watching the antics of the model/bartenders of tomorrow, today.

Besides, Survivor: China premieres the next night, and really, my commitment there has long been made. I don't watch any of the other endless iterations of the task-plus-voter-elimination formula either, from Big Brother to Top Model to American Jesus-CHRIST-Aren't-We-Done-With-This-Yet Idol. To me, they're all pale copies of ol' granddad, and for my own sanity, I'm stickin with it.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Harry said...

We're Survivor fans, too...but I still have wee bit of interest in Kid Nation. MOSTLY, I think I will love to imagine my own kids in those situations and wonder how they would do (uh, I'll go ahead and assume that they would be the leaders/spiritual guides/moral compasses of the group, but whatev.), plus we're always on the look-out for "family" programming that we can watch with the squids without wanting to poke our eyes out. Maybe this will be that show?

12:56 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Ahh, see, there's an angle I hadn't thought of! If you do watch it, report back or post something on OE about it, willya?

2:02 PM  
Blogger Panda!!!! said...

I'm not watching "Kid Nation" but that's mostly because I'm totes excited for "America's Next Top Model," "Gossip Girl" and "Newport Harbor."

Wednesday nights are going to find me glued to the tube.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Heee! Oh Panda, that is totes gaytastic! I love that about you. :-) I think I might not have any shows on Wednesdays, unless Amazing Race goes there this season??, until ... LOST. Awwww yeah.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

Okay...it was okay. My son was professing that he LOVED it, while it didn't hold his attention for more than five minutes at a time. There is the usual overt emotional manipulation of the audience, but I was expecting that. Overall, I give it a 4. No, 3.5

10:50 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Huh -- out of 5, I presume? Better than I expected, I guess. Will you give it a second episode, or are you calling it at one?

12:13 PM  
Blogger Kathleen... said...

Glee, you're great. =) I've never been able to get into the Survivor franchise (yes, THE original), but Big Brother is my crack. That and The Bachelor, admittedly going downhill, fast. May have to check out this China installment though -- the Christian broadcaster piqued my curiosity already.

Glad I'm gettin' TIVO on Friday. I'll need it.

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home