Friday, March 22, 2013

"But Darling, if you HAVE a baby, you can't BE the baby anymore."

Things That Are Awesome Today

--This gallery of album covers done up like old paperbacks. I cannot stop with the love for these. I must have them all.

--The NCAA Men's basketball tournament. I mean, fuck Harvard, for reals (I almost picked them because Ivy League yo, but then I was like, nahh, fuck 'em, and damn if they didn't spoil a bunch of shit for a bunch of people. Gah!). But I love watching these games -- the whole thing is fun as hell, even in years like this one in which I didn't watch a single bball game before the tournament.

--Some kid's bday party on Saturday, which the invitation specifically says we can drop off our kids. This is BIG -- because for the first couple of years of kiddie parties, you have to go, and stand there the whole time making awk conversations with the other parents (whichever one lost rock-paper-scissors, like you did). There's usually cake, which is good, but still. So I'm excited and hopeful that this is the start of a new era of happy, brief independence for Kid Gleemonex and her peers.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Uncle Spike said...

I'm sitting here in bed, looking at these paperback/album covers and yelling to the empty bedroom about how fucking awesome these things are. I would pay good money to have these framed and on my wall. Good, good money. Fucking brilliant.

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Jane Ann said...

This is the time of year my interest in basketball goes from hovering around zero to outright manic obsession*...unfortunately my peeps (SEC) ain't representin' too well this year.

*I carry a copy of my brackets around in my purse.

6:52 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Uncle Spike: I KNOW RIGHT?????

Jane Ann: Same here. But I'm a hunch picker, a vengeful spite picker (I FUCKING HATE SYRACUSE AND UCLA AND WILL NEVER PICK EITHER OF THEM EVEN IF THEIR OPPONENT IS A SQUAD OF FOUR PRE-TEEN ASTHMATIC GIRLS WEARING SWIM FINS), and the kind of person who picks Gonzaga to win it all because I like this one guy's hair. Fun is fun, y'all!

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Maggie said...

One of my favorite kid milestones was the age at which we could leave son at parties unattended and take him to other kids' houses to play and LEAVE and other parents would do the same. Good bye hours of awkwardly making conversation with people I hardly know! Freedom!

Also, I love Overboard more than is probably reasonable. That is all.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Maggie: I'm with you on both counts ... the first is still a long way off (the younger kid is only 16 months old), but the second is kind of a way of life for me. Tofutti Klein!

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home