Monday, September 06, 2010

Aloha, Mr. Hand

Sorry for going AWOL on you good folks, but it was for an excellent reason -- the Gleemonex fam up and went to Hawaii for a week! Total last-minute thing (seriously, booked five days before departure) -- we haven't been on a vacation since the Molokai trip while I was pregnant, in 2007, so between the kid's school's annual closure week, a tendency on my part to case airfares in idle moments, some luxe condo-owners' willingness to rilly DEAL at the last minute, and a very large amount of job-related FUCK THIS SHIT on my part, we were off to the Big Island for a week of sun, sand, extremely calm surf, crazy-fresh fish, tropical drinkz, and largely internetless, TV-free early-to-bed/early-to-rise days of heaven.

Despite all the shit going on in the world, I can't muster a lot of ire right now -- none, actually, cause I'm still vacation-hiiiiiiiiiigh from the awesomeness -- but here are a couple of things for ya:

--I CANNOT GET THE CEE-LO GREEN SONG OUT OF MY HEAD. You know, the unbelievably catchy, curse-riddled one you can't sing in front of your toddler? You get as far as "I see you ridin round town with the girl I love" and that's as far as you can go without risking an awkward phone call from the school director concerning your child's "inappropriate use of language"? Yeah. That song. It fucking rules.

--It is seriously about three decades past Upgrade Time for the Honolulu airport. Holy 1974 Time Capsule!

--I think the writers of Psych have narrowed down their demographic focus to an incredibly granular level (as we say at my Day Job): Their target audience is, specifically, me and Mr. Gleemonex. The rest of y'all are just incidental -- but I, and they, do hope you enjoy the show!


Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Guinness74 said...

I'm with you on the Cee-Lo Green song...and I'd like to quote from that song regarding your recent gloat about Hawaii (with all the best from the Appalachian region, y'understand)

And, I like Psych too, though I see it way too infrequently to be considered a fan.

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Maggie said...

Delurking to say that damned Cee Lo Green song is going to be the reason I slip, repeatedly drop the F bomb and receive a call from my son's second grade teacher. I can feel it in the air. Why does it have to be so damned catchy?

Also, Psych is hitting my husband and I in just the right zone this season. Sci Fi nerd/geeky wit - might as well just call it "The Show Made Just For Me"

9:22 AM  
Blogger francine said...

i love that airport. i've fallen asleep underneath that wagonwheel lighting several times. i like to think it looked like that when my parents honeymooned there in '71.

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home