Sunday, August 22, 2010

Apropos of nothing ...

... you guys know what a great movie is? I'll tell you: Midnight Madness.

Made in 1980, one of the dozens and dozens of movies I've seen dozens of times* because my family had HBO** in the early going, but y'all -- OK, so I haven't seen it since at least 1988, but it was good! Remember Michael J. Fox, all misunderstood & whiny? And how all the teams wore color-coordinated sweatshirts in that bulky 80s polyester cut? And FAGABEEFE? And "SomeWHERE ... in the Bonaventure Hotel!"?

Awesome.

-----------------------------------
*Including but not limited to: Looker, Just One of the Guys, Class, Turk 182, Twilight Zone: The Movie, April Fool's Day, Valley Girl, Savannah Smiles, How I Got Into College, Beastmaster, Secret of NIMH, Eddie and the Cruisers, Superman III, Arthur, and V (a ... soccer movie? ... starring Sylvester Stallone? I think?).

**Horrible Body Odor! HA ha! O that never gets old!!!!

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Brown said...

Oh my god! Yes! Me too, on all counts... I remember one clue was nestled in a waitress's rack, right?

4:58 AM  
Blogger bonnjill said...

Ah, Beastmaster. Good times...

9:27 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Sarah Brown: Oh, riiiiight! Forgot about that one! Ahh, the 80s and their innocent profusion of rack shots ...

bonnjill: Beastmaster scared the LIVING JESUS COCOAPUFFS OUT OF ME. The thing with the glowworms in the ears? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH! WORST PHOBIA OF LIFE!

11:20 AM  
Blogger francine said...

i've watched savannah smiles so many times. which was my gateway to cloak and dagger (anyone? anyone?) with dabney coleman and henry thomas (swoon- at the time). i own secret of nihm and it still makes me tear up. have you seen valet girls? it's a must!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Oh, I love Cloak and Dagger! LOVE it! SO HARD!

10:32 AM  
Anonymous TraceAce said...

Holy Crap I love that movie. Got it on VHS and everything. Made me love fat girls and mopeds equally.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home